101 reasons iPad is fail, Go!

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
If it had the underpinnings of a MacBook Air, then you'd really have something that would be compelling for me. I'm guessing that's a few iterations in the future and I'll have to wait.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Owning an iPhone and a MacBook Air really makes the iPad a bit useless for me. Especially with the lack of a real web browser.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
doesn't bother me any, Dave. I'll be enjoying my new toy while some people are sitting around ticked off cause Apple didn't give them what they want.
Add me to the short list of people enjoying my 3G iPad while about everybody else is complaining about it ;-).

KevJD

Bronze
Aug 30, 2008
I really really really wanna buy one! That being said, I will NOT buy one unless some improvements are made to it in the future.

1. Crippled Internet Experience - I'm sorry, but putting Safari on the iPad as it exists on the iPhone is a huge mistake. While I can overlook the few shortcomings on a phone that I paid $200 for, I cannot overlook the shortcomings on a tablet that I paid $500 for. I'd love to have this for internet surfing alone, but the lack of Flash cripples it from the get-go. Also, it would be nice if you could play media of ALL types, not just the media that Apple dictates you should be able to play. Support for more formats is needed if you're going to promote this as an awesome internet experience, because I'm sorry but it just isn't...

2. No USB or media card ports - Seriously, just add a card reader or USB port already! Once again, I can accept this on my iPhone, because afterall, it's just a phone, but on a product that I would like to use in place of a laptop I need removable media! Just sell the base models and allow us to have unlimited storage. Apple shouldn't dictate storage space when there is absolutely no reason too, except for them wanting to control and soak extra money out of people for different models with more storage...

3. Multi-tasking! - Are you kidding me? Once again, on a product that is supposed to be an alternative to a laptop or netbook, I can't utilize more than one application at a time? Wow! This is another crippling shortcoming. They claimed no support for multi-tasking on the iPhone as a battery issue...well, now you have a tablet with an amazing 10 hours of battery usage time. Perhaps Apple should allow us to decide whether or not we're willing to risk shortened battery life?! What's the new excuse for not supporting multi-tasking? It can't be processor power, because the iPad seems to have plenty of that. Sad, just sad...

4. One speaker...one!? - Why? This isn't a deal-breaker, but come on! Plenty of room for two speakers and stereo output. Oh well...

Well, I think that's pretty much it. I was almost sold on the iPad sight unseen, but I just can't overlook the browser issue. If they fixed that one thing, I think I would jump on it. Would love multi-tasking and there's no excuse not to have it, but i could probably get along without it. Would love unlimited storage through USB or card reader, but i could probably overlook this as well. We'll see what happens in the near future. I've got my fingers crossed.....

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
These video parodies never get old.

That was hilarious!
If I got this iPad I keep thinking about what a butterfingers I am and visualize myself dropping this like I've dropped my phone. I would like a big Speck Candy shell case if I were to get one. I would be so darn afraid of dropping it.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Cases for this thing, if priced to scale, will cost about $180 on average. I mean, that's a lot of plastic! Tounge Smile

Maaz

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
LA California
Add me to the short list of people enjoying my 3G iPad while about everybody else is complaining about it ;-).
haha same here man, i cant wait to get mine, and the less people around me that have it, the better. I have no problem spending my money the way i want and this is what i want. Thanks Apple.

Jun 12, 2009
a webcam, a video camera, flash support, and a few other stuff, will make me buy one, because it will do stuff that i cant do with my phone, but Apple is offering another device that does the same as the ipod touch or iPhone..sorry Apple, but no thanks,

at least a webcam, a webcam for me is a deal maker..

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
a webcam, a video camera, flash support, and a few other stuff, will make me buy one, because it will do stuff that i cant do with my phone, but Apple is offering another device that does the same as the ipod touch or iPhone..sorry Apple, but no thanks,

I can imagine how practical it would be to take pictures with a tablet!. Might as well running after wildlife with my 17-inch MBP. Very elegant... As for an iSight/webcam, what adult over 30 wants to be seen on a videochat? Oh, no, I have to comb my hair, check my make-up, make sure there's no little green thing between my front teeth, get rid if the beer on the desk...Don't you know they make you look 20 lbs heavier?
The flash support would be nice, but the you tube app is good enough for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Let's keep this on topic. I'd rather not hand out infractions. Thanks.

Jun 12, 2009
I can imagine how practical it would be to take pictures with a tablet!. Might as well running after wildlife with my 17-inch MBP. Very elegant... As for an iSight/webcam, what adult over 30 wants to be seen on a videochat? Oh, no, I have to comb my hair, check my make-up, make sure there's no little green thing between my front teeth, get rid if the beer on the desk...Don't you know they make you look 20 lbs heavier?

lol, im not 30, im only 19, lol, and i use video chat/webcam, to see my son, its the closest i can get with him, i haven't seen him in 4 months...

KevJD

Bronze
Aug 30, 2008

Yes, I almost forgot about this. A front-facing and/or rear-facing camera would definitely push me towards purchase...unfortunately, it has neither.

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
I don't see a regular camera being needed with this device. An iSight cam would and should have been included with this device.

KevJD

Bronze
Aug 30, 2008
It's not about practicality, it's about options! The option should be there for those that need/want it. Just because you don't see a use for it, doesn't mean that thousands and thousands of other people feel the same....plain and simple, you can't hype a tablet for it's amazing interenet experience, when a user can't experience the entire internet on it...

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
I wonder if the option to install an iSight camera in the 30 pin connector is a possibility?