12:01 Dark Knight showing

NateEssex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
NJ
I'm catching the 12:01 am showing of Dark Knight in 30 minutes. There's 20 screens showing it here in Doqntown Disney tonight. It's a mob scene.

I'll post later with my review :)

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
I'm catching the 12:01 am showing of Dark Knight in 30 minutes. There's 20 screens showing it here in Doqntown Disney tonight. It's a mob scene.

I'll post later with my review :)
Downtown Disney? I live there also
don't you hate when our neighbor Mickey doesn't clean up after pluto...that dog pees all over my lawn

NateEssex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
NJ
Hey...active nightlife down here, huh? I like the whole "walk around with your drink" on Pleasure Island thing you have going on.

As for the movie, it was awesome! Best movie I've seen this year. I'm beat. I'll post more later, as it's already tomorrow.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Downtown Disney? I live there also
don't you hate when our neighbor Mickey doesn't clean up after pluto...that dog pees all over my lawn
Hahahaha :laugh2:

And P.S. to Nate, let us anxious waiters know whether its worth seeing! ;)

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
All of the dang IMAX showings are sold out despite the fact that my friend said he pre-ordered tickets. I have to wait until Sunday for the IMAXness.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
just woke up from seeing the 12:20 showing (all others were sold out)

it was amazing

NateEssex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
NJ
It was an excellent plotline with great acting. Of course, the joker had the best one-liners. There were some great action sequences & some plot twists. I also liked Lucius Fox's character/acting. He got more face time than Alfred in this one.

I'm off to the airport leaving all this rain behind for sunny and hot NJ.

Overall, a must-see film. I believe it lives up to the hype. I'll share more when I get back to my laptop.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
I just saw it as well. It was everything I thought it would be. Heath really did steal the show. I'm going again in the next few days, which says something seeing as to how it was 2 1/2 hours.

NateEssex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
NJ
I just saw it as well. It was everything I thought it would be. Heath really did steal the show. I'm going again in the next few days, which says something seeing as to how it was 2 1/2 hours.
Alexander, I was thinking the same thing. I may try to see it again later this week.

NateEssex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
NJ
Let me know how much better the IMAX experience is. I was just saying today that I was going to look into seeing it at an IMAX.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
Will do. I heard only key scenes were shot in IMAX, but at the same time I heard it's drastically better, "the only way to see it". I'll report back.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
Was it "that" much better than a regular theatre? You're making me want to take a day off and check it out.
Well you have to understand I really wanted to see the film again in theaters regardless. But after I went to the IMAX, I regretted seeing it again in theaters to begin with.

Only select scenes were IMAX filmed, including all the city-scapes, the opening robbery, the sky hook scene, the Joker street scenes, the hospital explosion (now that I think, basically every explosion), the end monologue, the Harvey Dent armored car scene, etc. Plus the 40 speakers really submerse you. The standard scenes are MUCH bigger than a standard theater anyway. If you have an interest in viewing this again before it heads out of theaters, the IMAX is the way to go.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Just got back from seeing this incredible film. Hope I can find a chance to catch it at IMAX!

:laugh2:

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
Just got back from seeing this incredible film. Hope I can find a chance to catch it at IMAX!

:laugh2:
wasn't it great!
When the motorcycle stopped rite before the wall, and the pencil trick and so many other moments

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
wasn't it great!
When the motorcycle stopped rite before the wall, and the pencil trick and so many other moments
yes, I loved every minute of it! I liked how they made it a little more "dark" and "unpredictable" at times.