14 day money back refund?

Fred87nc

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
SO i heard that you can return the phone within 14 days? and only pay %10 percent restocking fee 500 = 50 600 = 60

is this true? and link please?

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
SO i heard that you can return the phone within 14 days? and only pay %10 percent restocking fee 500 = 50 600 = 60

is this true? and link please?
yes, it's true. No link needed, i'm a multi-year subscriber to AT&T services, and have read it multiple times for the iPhone, too.
Believe me, you can bring it back. :)

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
yepp its true I believe its on att .com

tfg

Jun 20, 2007
Yeah, definitely true. That's one of the reasons why I'm going to just buy it and basically not even try it out. I'm going mainly by the demos that Apple have had on the site and the keynote speech. This is a leap of faith. If it sucks, then I'm out $60. The one thing is, is that while this device isn't perfect and doesn't have everything, this is like infinately better than the phone I have now. No phone is going to have everything and this is the closest to what I want. Music player, video (with a big screen), and phone.

Lazarus

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Miami
and the hits just keep on coming, with a $64 restocking fee lol what bs. so basically they do not want any returns. and I am willing to bet they will not have a working model for anyone to test out so you can see for yourself if you'd like it before buying it. It's a nice huge scam they got going.

tfg

Jun 20, 2007
and the hits just keep on coming, with a $64 restocking fee lol what bs. so basically they do not want any returns. and I am willing to bet they will not have a working model for anyone to test out so you can see for yourself if you'd like it before buying it. It's a nice huge scam they got going.
I thought I read otherwise in the ATT manual, that they would have some available.

It does suck about the restocking fee, but if you ask me it makes sense. If you don't open the box, you can get a full refund. But lets say that you open it, and set it up and then decide that you don't want it, they then probably have to send it back to Apple and maybe even put a new SIM card in. Then repackage it. As soon as it comes out of the box, it can't be sold as brand new. Even if you just open the box and hold it and put it back in.

Lazarus

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Miami
I thought I read otherwise in the ATT manual, that they would have some available.

It does suck about the restocking fee, but if you ask me it makes sense. If you don't open the box, you can get a full refund. But lets say that you open it, and set it up and then decide that you don't want it, they then probably have to send it back to Apple and maybe even put a new SIM card in. Then repackage it. As soon as it comes out of the box, it can't be sold as brand new. Even if you just open the box and hold it and put it back in.
maybe so but c'mon that's a pay cut that they as billioniares can afford not us. If they truly believe in their product they would back it up with a 100% gaurantee if you don't like it bring it back for a full refund. It just worries me is all I'm saying because to spend $654 and be disappointed would be very depressing ya know

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
They don't need to demo it.
There's no questioning the interface's perfection. I'm sorry to sound like a fanboy, but I've owned iPods, and that was done perfect.

I installed Mac OS X on my intel-based PC, and even that was perfect.

I know what the phone can do. I know what it does now. I know what's included and what's not. I know what the interface looks like, and I know the OS that it's running on. I am going to walk in, buy it, leave and enjoy it.
If I don't enjoy it, I have 14 days. 'nuff said.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
maybe so but c'mon that's a pay cut that they as billioniares can afford not us. If they truly believe in their product they would back it up with a 100% gaurantee if you don't like it bring it back for a full refund. It just worries me is all I'm saying because to spend $654 and be disappointed would be very depressing ya know

That's not Apple, that's AT&T making sure they still get some money out yo' ass. haha

Fat Man

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
North East England
I think it would be better if they had a squad of specially trained carrier monkeys that distributed the iPhones with both speed and efficency so queing was rendered obsolete. I wonder whether they would be able to dial out on an iPhone....now that would be a test of ease of use.