14 year old replaced iPhones back!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Lilmike09

Jul 11, 2007
www.myspace.com
Ok, so i no everyone probably knows about the black back case thats being sold on cnn.cn ... well no one wants to do it because of this difficult process as seen here: http://www.macrumors.com/iPhone/2007/07/30/how-to-replace-the-iphone-enclosure/ . Well i just wanted to let you all know that i am only 14 years old and i sucesfuly completed that! it looks VERY NICE. however im in the middle of installing the invisible shield so i cant get pics yet, but as soon as its dry ill be sure to take some pics to show you all. it was definatly the most difficult and frusturating thing in my live, but if someone brave wants to go ahead and try it i say go for it! its well worth it:cool:

edit: Added the pictures, scroll down a little bit

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Yeah, I'm interested as well. I took a look at the link you've got in your post and I just noticed that the guy who modded his iPhone borked it in the process. He said his phone is now stuck in vibrate mode and he can't disable it.

If you notice in his shots, the side with the volume buttons and ringer switch are never shown :eek:

Post some pics!

x-ception

Bronze
Sep 15, 2007
awesome job but in my opinion the matte look in the pics is hotter ... the one with the shield looks like a vinyl skin ... but anyways great job

Lilmike09

Jul 11, 2007
www.myspace.com
awesome job but in my opinion the matte look in the pics is hotter ... the one with the shield looks like a vinyl skin ... but anyways great job
ya it does look like a skin, thats the only downside.. but i don't care i wanted to protect it but still be able to show everything off unlike if i used a rubber case or else all that work would of been pointless, but thanks for the compliment;)

Sep 16, 2007
awesome

looks great. in my opinion Apple should have done that in the first place.
I mean who really needs the shiny sparkling back? All we are concerned about is not to scratch it. But a phone is an everyday use item you can't watch out for 24/7. good job !