16, 32, or 64GB? Which and why?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GSXRMike, Oct 7, 2011.

1. GSXRMike

GSXRMike Member
    Silver

So who sprung for the new 64GB size this year? I did. More room for movies! Also, with the larger pics and new stabilization feature when recording video, I'm sure I'll be taking a lot more. Space is the last thing I'll want to worry about. The $399 + $250 price tag hurt a bit but between selling my wife's old phone and my old phone, we'll recoup most of that back.

So which size did you get and why?

2. Donnybrooke

Donnybrooke Member
    Bronze

64GB due to the hd video and larger picture size. I have a GoPro camera and taking HD with that makes large file sizes so I assumed I should get the 64.

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I just went with 32 because I can stream movies from my computer over 3G and WiFi so I don't sync many to my phone anymore. I'm only using 21 GB on my iPhone 4. I'm sure I'll get closer to 32 with the 4S since the recorded videos will be take more space.

4. tybirdtybird

tybirdtybird Contributor
    Bronze

I'm going to get 16. My 3GS is 16 and still have 9.6 gb left. If I'm going to put video /movies on my 4s I put it on my iPad 2.

5. Tinman

Tinman Evangelist
    Gold

With iCloud and the fact that I stream most content I went with 32GB. I could even get by with 16 if I had to.

I just wish it was next Friday already! (I would prefer it if everyone would not bring up any comments I may have made about being disappointed on Tuesday. ;))

Michael

6. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist
    Silver

64gb because bigger is better and I'd rather have to much than not enough. :)

7. dturner

dturner Zealot
    Gold

I don't think I said anything here, but I too was less than thrilled at first. But then I started looking at the internal upgrades and came to my senses. 

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

8. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Going 32. I have an 8 right now and it is jammed full can't wait to have more than one movie and way more music on it.

9. tybirdtybird

tybirdtybird Contributor
    Bronze

Next years model be amazing i bet. I just love how the 4 looks I 3GS now.

10. Tinman

Tinman Evangelist
    Gold

Yes me too. I also have read a lot more about Siri. If that works like what I have been reading that will be amazing.

Michael

11. FuelieNova

FuelieNova Contributor
    Silver

I went with 32 as I will keep most of the videos and pics on the iMac
    Tom

12. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Leaning towards the 64GB when my AT&T makes my upgrade available on November 9th.

13. tybirdtybird

tybirdtybird Contributor
    Bronze

You might be up on nov 1. Mine was up end of oct I'm up now.

14. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

I would go with 64 GB, because I have a ton of apps. They make up 80 percent of my storage space.

15. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor
    Silver

Chris, I thought I saw somewhere else you got a 16GB one. Was it for yourself or for the site?

16. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor
    Silver

I ended up getting the 64GB. I feel it's always worth the investment to have more memory then not enough. Also with the HD video and photos will take up more room. While in theory iCloud is nice there are times that I need all my music and some videos with me and I won't have an internet connection.

17. shugo

shugo Member
    Bronze

32 gig. I have a 16 gig 3GS, and between my music, videos, and Cydia apps, I'm hitting the limit now.

Sent from my iPhone 3GS using iCafe app

18. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

I went with 32 again. I don't have a big music collection because all the music I listen are with music streaming apps. The HD video I capture are always edited down and uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo so I don't keep them on my phone very long.

19. SunnySweet

SunnySweet Contributor
    Bronze

I went with the 64 white because I could! I currently have a 32 and have 18 free ... but I would rather have more than I need than not enough!

20. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

That's for review purposes. My personal account is stuck with a November 9th renewal date. My plan right now is to move to the 64GB white.