16G should I?

Jhors2

Bronze
Nov 11, 2007
Thats all there is too it, twice as much memory. If you even consider upgrading just wait for the 3G version to come out in june, its not worth the money now.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Being this close to a possible release of a new phone, I think I would wait it out and see what is offered at what price.

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
I personally think you should wait for the new iPhone but if you go your mindset on the first generation I would definitely go for the 16. I have an 8 gig and it is as full as it can be. Good luck on your descision

yakob89

Bronze
Apr 16, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
I also was wondering what is the benefit of waiting till June? I know that there is supposed to be an updated iPhone. Does anybody know what the updates to it will be? because im thinking of buying an iPhone.

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
Well the main thing people are wanting is 3g. So that will provide way faster internet if you are in aa 3g spot. So just search At&t 3g coverage map on google and see where you are located. If you have 3g in your town you would be able to run the internet so much faster. And im guessing more memory an updated camera and mms.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I also was wondering what is the benefit of waiting till June? I know that there is supposed to be an updated iPhone. Does anybody know what the updates to it will be? because im thinking of buying an iPhone.
Go to the future iPhone section of the forum and you will see many thoughts as to what the new phone may offer. Almost for sure the new phone will have 3g.

kunfuzious

Bronze
Nov 3, 2007
Boulder
Go to the future iPhone section of the forum and you will see many thoughts as to what the new phone may offer. Almost for sure the new phone will have 3g.

I think it's beyond "almost for sure" the new iPhone will have 3G since De la Vega said specifically the iPhone will be 3G

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I think it's beyond "almost for sure" the new iPhone will have 3G since De la Vega said specifically the iPhone will be 3G
In the Apple world nothing is for sure until it is for sure, but yeah 3g is probably a lock.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
It's also not guaranteed that the new iPhone will be released in June. Many analysts think that it will be, but there really is no telling until Apple says so.

yakob89

Bronze
Apr 16, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
So pretty much everythings pretty much speculation for now. The only semi-concrete thing is that it will have 3G. thnks for clearing up things everybody!

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Beside the obvious advantage of more memory, what are the other sdvantages of upgrading to the 16g?

Is it a lot faster etc...?

Thanks for the info.
It would probably be hard to find one right now anyway. Most of the stocks have been depleted to prepare for the new model coming out in less than two months.

wesexcellence

Bronze
Jan 30, 2008
Daytona Beach
www.audiobywes.com
I have an unopened one in a box in my hands right now.
I currently use a 8g jailbroken w/ 1.1.3 and I love it.
But it is a little slow and I have a lot of programs on it.
My battery life is ok but usually runs out by days end.
So that's why I'm asking...if battery life is better and it's noticeably faster then the plastic is coming off the box and I'm upgrading.
if not then i will sell it.

wesexcellence

Bronze
Jan 30, 2008
Daytona Beach
www.audiobywes.com
BTW do I call At&T and say I lost/broke old one or do they care?
Will they ask if I bought online or do they care?
Will my plan stay the same etc...?

Thanks for the help...

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I doubt if the 16GB will be any faster much less noticeably faster. You may want to get the new one if the jailbreaking process has caused some problems, but it seems that could be resolved by simply restoring.

At&t won't care why you're upgrading. If it's new and in the box, then it'll have a new sim installed. Just plug it to the computer and activate it with iTunes. Follow the prompts for a new iPhone on your current iPhone account.

jslappa

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
8 or 16Gb makes no difference for all of your questions.

1. They both have the same processor
2. switch SIM cards and plug into iTunes, it will recognize
3. The new 16Gb's battery may be fresher, but not by too much. I think you should get 400 full charges out of it before it drops to 80% capacity.
4. Don't say anything to AT&T, and iTunes won't ask either. Your plan will stay the same, and your 2-year contract will not be renewed.
Sell the 16Gb NOW, before everyone outside the blogoshpere learns about the new versions coming soon. Stick it out with your 8Gb.