16GB iPhone Released at $499

mad_vtak

Bronze
Dec 21, 2007
Wonder if i can go and just pay the difference of the iPhone. oh well doesn't matter don't really need all that memory

Hissta

Feb 4, 2008
Upgrading

Hmm...I just bought my iPhone this Saturday. Think they would let me upgrade by just paying the difference, or hit me with the 10% restocking fee as well?

Jan 30, 2008
Hmm...I just bought my iPhone this Saturday. Think they would let me upgrade by just paying the difference, or hit me with the 10% restocking fee as well?
just called the AT&T store and they said i could pay the difference and the restocking fee since its opened don't really kno if i wanna do it tho theres no added features so probably wait till the next gen. comes out

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
yeah, you should be able to. i had gotten my 4gb less than a week before the price drop, and i went to the AT&T store and they let me switch it to an 8gb

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
Sadly this gets a /yawn from me. Maybe we will see new models that bring more to the table by whatever Macworld is in the summer. I think that one is MWNY?

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
If size is the only improvement, I'd say no. I keep a couple of movies on mine and change them frequently. It takes 3 minutes to do a switch on the computer. I won't be happier with 6 or 7 movies that I don't have time to watch anyway, especially my (free) iPhone2 is brand new.
If there is some other kind of improvement, I might get it.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Also note that there is now a 32 GB iPod Touch. Now 32 GB would be nice in the iPhone!

Trying to see if I can convince my wife that she really wants an iPhone. Then she can have my 8 GB and I'll get the 16 gig. Seems fair enough...

--
Mike

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
Also note that there is now a 32 GB iPod Touch. Now 32 GB would be nice in the iPhone!

Trying to see if I can convince my wife that she really wants an iPhone. Then she can have my 8 GB and I'll get the 16 gig. Seems fair enough...

--
Mike
Wouldn't that only be fair if the 32 is released and then you offer your 8 to your wife? =)

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
I guess it's safe to assume that there will be no "iPhone V2" anytime in the near future with the release of this model. I will get the 16, but I'm waiting a couple of months to see what the SDK brings us. I'm with Tinman, though - if there was a 32GB, I'd go get it TODAY!

mobilehavoc

Bronze
Jul 12, 2007
What's going to be interesting now is upgrading an 8GB to 16GB iPhone in iTunes. Can you take your existing SIM from the 8GB and just stick into the 16GB iPhone to activate?

mittenman

Silver
Jul 25, 2007
Nowhere, Mitten
I don't know why Apple doesn't release a 32gig phone? Just like when the Touch came out, 16gig with the big phone being 8gig. IMO the iPhone is the big brother of the touch (An iPhone without a phone, or a PSP without a disc drive) and big brother should get all the good stuff!

Runamuck

Bronze
Jan 30, 2008
If I can, I'm definitely going to do the swap...my iPhone is less than 10 days old. Will I lose my number if I try to do this however?

I don't care about extra space for movies, etc....but I think I WILL care about extra space for loading apps now that the SDK is imminent. As it is now, I hardly use my iPhone for movies and music when I'm not attached to a power supply as the battery is so pitiful as-is for just phone/web browsing.