16gb white iPhone died

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
Well yesterday my poor 16gb white iPhone died. I clicked on the paypal link and it froze i reset it and got a screen telling me to connect to iTunes.

I connected to iTunes and received an error telling my my iPhone cannot be restored something about the sim being pin locked which it isn't.

I called Apple told them my story was transferred to tier 2 support and was told to uninstall and reinstall iTunes. It seems that those of us on vista that downloaded the 8.0 in the first few days after the release received a corrupt version that causes windows to blue screen.

Well I stayed up till 3 this am (after working 95 hours in the last week repairing my banks in Houston) reinstalled iTunes restored and got an error
This iPhone cannot be restored ( error 1010)

well the phone wont restore so here i sit with no iPhone and probably wont receive the replacement until monday :(

boldblend

Bronze
Dec 27, 2007
I've gotten that message before, did you try again. do you have an Apple store near you.. could they not restore it either?

and do you have access to a different computer, try restoring on that if you can

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
I've gotten that message before, did you try again. do you have an Apple store near you.. could they not restore it either?

and do you have access to a different computer, try restoring on that if you can

I tried it about 8 times ,tried 2 different computers, tried different usb port and different usb cables

I am about 320 miles to the nearest Apple store :( Albuquerque to the west Dallas to the east

I just checked and DHL has picked it up i just hope they will deliver on saturday

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Sorry about that man. I know how it feels. I went through restore hell myself. I was just lucky it came back from purgatory.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Dang that's pretty rough. I would go crazy being without any phone for 2 days. I'd feel too out of touch.

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
Dang that's pretty rough. I would go crazy being without any phone for 2 days. I'd feel too out of touch.

And the worst part is my new iPhone is sitting at the DHL station here in Lubbock but they don't deliver on saturday and no one is there so i can go pick it up :( I can go pick it up Monday at 9:00am

That blows. Thats what I hate about the iPhone. When my 3G is working, it works great and i love it. but when it crashes, it's down, I'm without a phone, and i have to spend hours trying different things to get it to work again. Apple should reimburse us for time spent restoring and re-syncing our phones and re-entering contact information after a
"restore". It sure is a POS sometimes.