1k - my reveal

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Since ZR_Yancy, FlwrPwer and myself are all hitting the big 1k at the same time, I wanted to have a little reveal party and post all of our reveals at once.

Random trivia: did you know we now have 78 members with at least 1,000 posts?

Without further ado...

--------------------

Hey everyone, I'm Sean McCabe. I got my first iPhone a few months after it came out. I wanted to learn more about it, and while searching google, I came across eiC. I was soon engulfed in the ways of jailbreaking, and this community has hooked me ever since.

I'm currently living in Texas, in the San Antonio area. I work for myself, I own a computer repair businesss which takes up the majority of my time. My other businesss is graphic design and web developement.

While owning my own businesss can be difficult often times, it's nice to be able to make my own schedule. This helps a lot, because I'm also in a christian rock band, Progeny, and we travel frequently.

It was also beneficial for me to be able to do my own schedule so I could make time see my girlfriend. We met at a camp 6 years ago, and we've been together 4 years nows. After meeting at the camp, we soon unfortunately found out that we lived 200 miles apart. This didn't stop us though.

In May of last year, I bought her an iPhone 3G as a present. No more T9! I was so excited. It was probably more of a present for me, as I was happy to no longer wait tedious minutes for a reply. :D

However, many, many miles were put on my poor mustang from the bi-monthly trips back and forth. But ultimately, it paid off. We were engaged on her birthday in March of this year. She moved here at the beginning of the summer, and we no longer have to do long distance anymore. We will be getting married almost a year later next March. :)

This is the best recent pic I could find of us. The wind was in our face for this one, but we were quite tan from going being out in the sun at Schlitterbahn all summer.

Along with the band, (in which I play electric guitar, and piano) I also compose some of my own songs on piano. You can see these on my YouTube channel. I sometimes play with one of my brothers. He does the drums. Here's one of the most recent videos:

I think that's about it. I'm excited to make this post. Been looking forward to it for a long time. I've been here for quite awhile, registered beginning of last year, and lurked since 2007. I don't post as much as some here, but I try post when I have something to say. I've really enjoyed being here and making friends, and I look forward to being here until the 10G iPhone and beyond! :D

ps
i love skittles

Last edited by a moderator:

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Very nice Sean. That is a wonderful reveal, a very talented person you are. You are so lucky with your GF and congratulations on your upcoming marriage. I enjoyed reading and watching your video.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Great reveal my friend. I wish you luck with your life and your businesss and I hope you're going to have a pleasant marriage and hopefully a great child like you.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Wow... some serious talent in that family. I'm impressed.

--
Mike

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Nice dude! That is a great reveal. I enjoyed it.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Awesome reveal Sean. It's great to see you obviously have you head in the right place and are happily living life.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Way awesome reveal, Sean. If I'm ever in SA, I'm looking you up. Awesome story about you and your girlfriend, glad things have worked out. If you're ever in SoCal, look me up. You have multiple ways of getting hold me. :)

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Way awesome reveal, Sean. If I'm ever in SA, I'm looking you up. Awesome story about you and your girlfriend, glad things have worked out. If you're ever in SoCal, look me up. You have multiple ways of getting hold me. :)
See, I knew this guy was cool. :eek:k:eek:k

Mar 2, 2009
California
Very nice reveal, Sean. You shared a wonderful story and I'm happy for you that you're getting married in March with the woman you love. Congrats!

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Nice reveal! And congrats on the prenuptuals

I have to ask though, in the video, is it my imagination or is that keyboard backwards? generally speaking, the keys to the left get lower and the keys to the right get higher, and you can program the last 2 octives for drums, chords, etc.

Is the shot reversed? *EDIT* The Shot IS reversed. I just noticed the part of your hair and the lettering on your shirt.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I'm so glad you've made yourself a part of the community here. That was a great reveal, and you have one adorable chick there. Congrats, and hang on to that one! :eek:k:eek:k

Now stop kicking my ass at Words with Friends. Thanks.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
What a nice reveal Sean! I love the video, and you and your girlfriend are so cute together! Congratulations!

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Hawk, yes it's backwards. First video with my new laptop and didn't realize it did that by default!

Thanks for making me feel so welcome everyone.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Great reveal. I also love the romantic story - man we're all soppy barstewards round here.

Have long been a fan of your musical efforts as well - keep on sharing lots more of those as well Sean.