1K Reveal

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bitewound, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Bitewound

Bitewound Evangelist
    Gold

A little about me ..
    First the name, long story short, had a bite from a cat, tried 32 screen names when i got a computer but they wanted to add #'s and i just typed in Bitewound. Most people call me Bitey. I had the cat bite because i was a Veterinary Nurse for 25 years, but i had to give up my career when i developed a severe skin allergy to cats in 2003.
    Moving on i retrained to work in Human O.R.s since i mainly worked in the O.R. in Veterinary Hospitals. I got certified and worked at NY Presbyterian for a while but my heart was not in it. The Chair of the program at the college i retrained at offered me a teaching position, so for the last 4 years i was a lab Instructor and performed mock surgeries 8 hours a day. i trained students to work as Surgical Technologists. Lots of changes at the college and i was let go last June. I'm not sure what my next move is..
    I was born in Brooklyn, lived there for 37 years, moved to Laguna beach for 11 and moved back to NY in 97. I have lived in Manhattan ever since.
    I had several interesting jobs before i became a Vet Nurse, i used to be the bar manager of CBGB's back in the day and i used to answer phones for bookies :sneaky: My very first job was in a Pizzeria when i was 12 and after that i worked at the main branch of the Brooklyn Public Library in H.S. I also worked in a photo studio setting up jewelry for catalogues for a while.
    I love to travel, Amsterdam & anywhere in the UK are my favorite places to go.
    I'm a diehard NY Yankee fan - not a fair weather fan ;)
    I obviously love animals, especially the really tasty ones:p
    That's about it.

2. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Great reveal :)

3. TarekElsakka

TarekElsakka Genius
    Gold

Very nice reveal, Bitey. I wish you luck finding another job, and wow that's quite the resume there!

I wish I can experience that many different and interesting career paths, being in the same job for a long time is quite boring.

Thank you for the reveal and have a nice day.

4. Bitewound

Bitewound Evangelist
    Gold

Thanks , Tarek if you really love your job, and you choose the right career path, it's not boring. I'd still be a Vet Nurse if i could. I'm still going to the allergist getting shots but they just don't really work on the skin allergy and i won't take steroids ;).

5. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

Have had quite some animal Backround! Nice your on here and thanks for the reveal!

6. Jmbaker429

Jmbaker429 Evangelist
    Gold

Very nice!

7. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Bar manager at CBGB's back in the day? WOW, the stories & people you could talk about huh? Not saying the rest of your reveal wasn't very interesting, that just caught my eye.
    Too bad a lot of these young pups have no idea what CBGB's was / is ;)

8. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Very good reveal. I love seeing these. Lol

Yankees fan might as well be a fair weather fan! ;) *ducking*

Glad you are here and a member of this fine establishment we all call home.

9. Bitewound

Bitewound Evangelist
    Gold

Yeah, it was a very glorified title lol. It involved going in at 11 am , making sure the porter cleaned(and i use that term VERY loosely ) Ordering booze, doing banking , taking cassette tapes from all the bands that wandered in looking for an audition and running errands for Hilly. I was outta there when sound checks started at 5 and i'd come back and hangout around 10-11 if there were good bands or my friends were playing and go home at 4am. There were many perks. I could get on the guest list of any venue in the city. Some errands were to record companies, Hilly managed a few bands, all record companies in those days had a closet full of albums and they always told me to take what i wanted.
    I probably can't talk about some of the stories cause they involve sex and or drugs . I had fun there although the sight of Joey Ramone in broad daylight coming in to grub a ciggie still gives me the creeps ;)

10. Bitewound

Bitewound Evangelist
    Gold

I'm used to the haters :) but I am
    a die hard and part of my ashes are going in Monument Field

Attached Files:

11. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Excellent reveal. Thanks for sharing. Sorry to hear about your cat allergy.

Manhattan to Laguna Beach. That's quite a change on scenery.

12. Bitewound

Bitewound Evangelist
    Gold

Thanks Chris, I can live with my cats because i'm fairly immune to them, they hardly shed and because i absolutely refused to give them up :D. I just can't work in the hospital anymore because dander stays in the environment for a really long time and i'm constantly exposed to it. Can't do the job without touching cats and gloves etc. didn't make a difference.
    It took me a long time to get used to living in Cali, it's so different from NYC, then i settled in but missed many things about the city. My family is trying to get me to move back.

13. J-94

J-94 Zealot
    Bronze

Nice reveal, good to know a little more about you!

14. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

I was gonna say nice reveal then I saw your tattoo :D

15. CanadianNemo

CanadianNemo Genius
    Gold

Great reveal! I love hearing eiC'er's stories. You're a valuable member here and I enjoy reading your posts. :) Here's to a few thousand more!

16. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

Great reveal. Always interesting to read about our member's history and all the places their lives have taken them.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

17. Bitewound

Bitewound Evangelist
    Gold

[​IMG]

18. patrickj

patrickj Genius
    Gold

Great reveal. What are some of your favorite spots in the UK?

19. Bitewound

Bitewound Evangelist
    Gold

London, Lincoln, Bath, Stonehenge , Avebury, Sheffield, Llangollen- anywhere in North Wales, Belfast, Edinburg, everywhere lol

20. patrickj

patrickj Genius
    Gold

Awesome. I lived in London for many years. Was lucky enough to have a good friend with a farm up in North Wales, very near Mount Snowdon. Used to go to Edinburgh every August for a big softball tournament and the Festival.