1Password currently free!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
1 Password App is currently free due to an apparent glitch on Apple's end. It is normally about $17. It will not download on a device not running iOS 8, but I downloaded it via iTunes, so it is now in my App System. Don't know how long it will last.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
1 Password App is currently free due to an apparent glitch on Apple's end. It is normally about $17. It will not download on a device not running iOS 8, but I downloaded it via iTunes, so it is now in my App System. Don't know how long it will last.
Honestly, I'm still confused about this. It's now a freemium app. For some reason, there was some news about this being a pricing mistake, which I'm still not clear on. It sounds as if the free price went up early with version 4. If you downloaded that, you gain access to the Pro features? If didn't and you download version 5, that has in-app purchases. They explain the new pricing on their blog.

fsas06

Silver
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas
i downloaded this app but i have a question, does this only work for web site log ins or does it work with apps? 1password has its own browser so is that the only place it will auto log in/fill in info or will it work in other apps ?

lancer_325

Bronze
Jun 9, 2010
i downloaded this app but i have a question, does this only work for web site log ins or does it work with apps? 1password has its own browser so is that the only place it will auto log in/fill in info or will it work in other apps ?
Yes I think it will only work with Web logins and not for apps. Is great for Web logins via the built in browser.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I thought extensions was going to allow us to use 1password with apps?
They've been courting app developers. I'm guessing the individual developers need to build in support for 1Password. That might also explain the move to freemium. A bigger install base might entice more app developers to build an extension.

lancer_325

Bronze
Jun 9, 2010
I am having serious difficulty trying to work out how to set up 1password to integrate with featured apps. It's not clear at all and the user interface is not helping. No guidance or instructions. Anybody any ideas?

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
I am having serious difficulty trying to work out how to set up 1password to integrate with featured apps. It's not clear at all and the user interface is not helping. No guidance or instructions. Anybody any ideas?
I'm still trying to figure it out myself. It seems very time consuming setting it up for each website. It might be easier if you had it on your desktop when setting up the passwords on each site but it cost $49.95 for OS X. No thank you. I'll figure it out on my iPhone.