1PC - 2 Apple Products - iPhone + Nano = How to sync both?

Owgasm

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Hey,

As per title, i've got 2 Apple devices.

iPhone 3g and a new nano for my mum.

I'm using 1 pc and iTunes.

Is there anyway to create like 2 users in iTunes?
So i have 2 different library and don't have to copy my iTunes music files and paste somewhere after and put in another selection for the nano.

Thanks

Hey,

As per title, i've got 2 Apple devices.

iPhone 3g and a new nano for my mum.

I'm using 1 pc and iTunes.

Is there anyway to create like 2 users in iTunes?
So i have 2 different library and don't have to copy my iTunes music files and paste somewhere after and put in another selection for the nano.

Thanks
Sure...

Just hold down the shift key when you start iTunes. Keep holding it until you get a dialog box. It will ask you to either choose a library or create one.

Make mom her own library.

Then when you start iTunes, you'll need to hold the shift key and then choose which library to use.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
You don't necessarily need to create a separate library - iTunes will recognize the Nano as a completely different device and you can choose what playlists or songs to sync to it and it will not affect the syncing of your iPhone at all. I sync 1 iPhone and 2 Nanos to my single iTunes library with no problems.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
You don't necessarily need to create a separate library - iTunes will recognize the Nano as a completely different device and you can choose what playlists or songs to sync to it and it will not affect the syncing of your iPhone at all. I sync 1 iPhone and 2 Nanos to my single iTunes library with no problems.
Same method I use. I just drag and drop for the nano.

uanimal

Mar 23, 2009
what if i need to syn 2 iPhone to 1 PC? how does the PC differentiaite the 2 different set of contacts in outlook for 2 different account ?