1st Batch

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

vtecryder00

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Just something to mention to everyone. How will everyone think about the 1st batch of iPhone that will be release. Will it have glitches since it's Apple's 1st release? I'm just worried after camping out for the phone and later find out a a friend has a better one later. Let me know what you think about this topic.

iphonenotify

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Just something to mention to everyone. How will everyone think about the 1st batch of iPhone that will be release. Will it have glitches since it's Apple's 1st release? I'm just worried after camping out for the phone and later find out a a friend has a better one later. Let me know what you think about this topic.
I think its a usless topic. Not to be offensive or anything, but Apple will release firmware updates fixing glitchs almost instantly. So if your friend gets the same physical model, they will be the same regardless of when you bought them.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007

This iPhone has been in development for quite some time, will cost a pretty penny, and is meant to be "the" cell phone to have. I don't think they're going to make a "newer, better" APPLE brand cell phone, for at least a year + 1/2, if not the full 2 years of their exclusive AT&T contract. Firmware updates will ensure that you're not going to buy something that will be obsolete in 6 months.

iphonenut

Bronze
May 17, 2007
if they're software bugs, then there shouldn't be an issue at all, all Apple updates and upgrades will be free over iTunes.

i think the only concern w/ 2nd generation is hardware and specs (i.e. 3g, increased capacity, more megapixels)

mrmacbook

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
I have confidence in Apple. I have been using macs and ipods for several years, and they have not let me down. This will not be any different.

There will be some glitches, and most likely there will be firmware updates within the first couple of months, but it will be awesome.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
If you have a problem, you'll be able to return it. Happened with my iPod video. DOA and Apple sent me a new one via FEDEX. Very smooth return. The only downside is that you're dealing with a phone, something that's tough to be without for a day.

As iPhonenotify said, firmware updates will keep your iPhone the same as a model shipped later in the product cycle. Updates most likely get delivered via iTunes, no different than your iPod.

-Chris

May 6, 2007
United States
This is a new technology, and with most new technologies, there are almost always glitches. The thing is that the iPhone seems to have been developed not only for a very long time, but it is also being developed in good hands, such as those of Steve Jobs. That said, I think there may be a few small glitches at the begininning but that they will be nothing major and they will be fixed soon. Remember that Apple announced free updates for the iPhone.

maclaptopuser

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
This is a new technology, and with most new technologies, there are almost always glitches. The thing is that the iPhone seems to have been developed not only for a very long time, but it is also being developed in good hands, such as those of Steve Jobs. That said, I think there may be a few small glitches at the begininning but that they will be nothing major and they will be fixed soon. Remember that Apple announced free updates for the iPhone.
I agree... very well said!
To which I would add, that if we are talking phones, computers, digital cameras, etc anything high tech, there is no perfect model, or time to buy. So just choose the one you like and run with it.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
I agree... very well said!
To which I would add, that if we are talking phones, computers, digital cameras, etc anything high tech, there is no perfect model, or time to buy. So just choose the one you like and run with it.
Very good! Excellent post.

You kinda need to find what your preference is. I like to buy products when they are first announced to get the most time with that model/version before the next one comes out. I try to stay informed of any pending updates and wait for that update before buying. I think you also have to either sell your recently purchase version immediately once a new version comes out to get maximum return or keep it for at least 2y to get maximum use.

I got a very first rev black MacBook so I've had it for a year now, the new version just came out, but I'm going to keep this one for at least another year and catch the next round of updates. Unless Apple comes out with the "thin" model then all of this theory gets thrown out the window. ;)

maclaptopuser

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
Very good! Excellent post.
Thanks!
I like to buy products when they are first announced to get the most time with that model/version before the next one comes out. I try to stay informed of any pending updates and wait for that update before buying. I think you also have to either sell your recently purchase version immediately once a new version comes out to get maximum return or keep it for at least 2y to get maximum use.
We are on the same page here, I use the same method you do, that way at least I can maximize the amount of time I have to enjoy a "current" model.
I got a very first rev black MacBook so I've had it for a year now, the new version just came out, but I'm going to keep this one for at least another year and catch the next round of updates. Unless Apple comes out with the "thin" model then all of this theory gets thrown out the window. ;)
While I'm very happy with my MacBook Pro, I find the Black MacBooks both terrific looking and a terrific computer. I have a question for you, how long does it take to become accustomed to the flat keys? I think they are great looking and really add a unique styling element to a very good looking laptop.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
While I'm very happy with my MacBook Pro, I find the Black MacBooks both terrific looking and a terrific computer. I have a question for you, how long does it take to become accustomed to the flat keys? I think they are great looking and really add a unique styling element to a very good looking laptop.
It's a little different but the response is very good. I don't remember if it took me a bit to get used to, but I like typing on it. I'm kinda used to typing on different keyboards, way back to the Selectric, and I don't really care for the newer white Apple keyboards. One of my favorite keyboards was the old Apple Extended (not II). So there you go! :)