1st Gen iPod nano recall

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
I still kept mine from 2005. About 60 days after I bought it, my dog chewed it up and it doesn't work. Will they still replace it?

JaniceH

Bronze
Sep 6, 2010
They don't seem to want the old units back . Just got off the phone with Apple . But the rep I was talking to had no idea just what to expect as the replacement . Any ideas ?

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
I just went online and filled out the info to receive a new one. It said that they will send a box with a shipping label to my address. I am supposed to send the ipod to them before receiving a new one.

I wonder if they will send the same generation Nano. I mean, do they still make them?

greasemuntney

Bronze
Apr 4, 2010
Alabama
I have been wondering the same thing. From what I have heard they don't offer this generation of the ipod now so makes me also wonder if they are going to send out a newer one or are they just replacing the batter and resending them back to us. Still a great deal either way. Still waiting for my box so I can send mine in. Maybe soon.

enjoylife1788

Bronze
Jan 7, 2011
They are gonna replace them. Because they explicitly mentioned that the personalised ones will be replaced with non personalised ones..

greasemuntney

Bronze
Apr 4, 2010
Alabama
Ok it looks like they are running out of replacement 1st gen nanos so they sending out 6th gen nanos to replace 1st gen ones. I still have not received mine and the Apple site is STILL saying replacement pending so I guess it is a JUST WAIT. But if I receive more information I will post here.

greasemuntney

Bronze
Apr 4, 2010
Alabama
Ok I received my new iPod Nano today. 8 gig and very happy. I guess I can use my iPhone charger to charge this thing. Didn't think about the charger being different. Oh well at least I have a new Nano with a 90 day warranty.