1st Jailbreak!

jetson22

Bronze
Jan 15, 2009
Ok guys I believe that I would like to do this (little scared). I have a windows pc here at work and a MacBook Pro (silver). Is there one better than the other? I have a iPhone 3G 16g, 2.2.

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Ok guys I believe that I would like to do this (little scared). I have a windows pc here at work and a MacBook Pro (silver). Is there one better than the other? I have a iPhone 3G 16g, 2.2.
I would use the PC...hmm - I'll guess because I own a PC ;)

jetson22

Bronze
Jan 15, 2009
Ok followed video instruction on jailbreak but it seems to be stuck at quickpwn screen, "quickpwn is about to run on your iPhone 3g" the bar is showing no progress, been about 5 minutes. Any advice?

jetson22

Bronze
Jan 15, 2009
Quickpwn screen still running on mac but no progress still, been 10 minutes. iPhone is still connected but screen black, nothing. Can't even be turned on. Should I exit quickpwn?

jetson22

Bronze
Jan 15, 2009
Anybody out there. Starting to panic a little. Need some help!

jetson22

Bronze
Jan 15, 2009
Thanks for the response. Should I disconnect the phone from my mac, stop quickpwn, what?

jetson22

Bronze
Jan 15, 2009
Ok unplugged iPhone, stopped quickpwn and got phone to turn back on. I tried to start from the top following jailbreak in sticky. Everytime I get to step 10 letting quickpwn do its magic there is not any progress and iPhone seems to turn off. Any suggestions?

Dec 8, 2008
N
Get on PC. Make sure u got . Net framework and terminal services on. You find that in control panel. Thrn try it, what os you got on the PC?

jetson22

Bronze
Jan 15, 2009
Ok tried on pc and nothing. I got the instruction at this site under sticky. I have 3g iPhone 16g 2.2 firmware. I downloaded quickpwn from stick site. Everything goes ok. I turn off phone. Hold power & home and the phone turns off then quickpwn runs but no progress then I have to do a force quit on the mac. This is as far as I get, have tried about 7 times. I have got to be doing something wrong. Driving me crazy!

drumthrasher109

Bronze
Jan 9, 2009
drumsplace.co.cc
You don't need to follow a tutorial. Just follow QuickPWN. It's all plain and simple. Just run the app, and follow what it says.

Plus, do it on Windows. If you are using Vista make sure you run it with administrator privileges. Just CAREFULLY read through the key combinations that QuickPWN asks you to do and do them WHEN it tells you to.

jetson22

Bronze
Jan 15, 2009
Ok, I tried to jailbreak on work windows pc. Downloaded the quickpwn 2.2 and hooked up iPhone and it wants me to browse for the correct IPSW. I updated my firmware to 2.2 on the Mac. So were do I get this info?

jetson22

Bronze
Jan 15, 2009
Thank you drumthrasher. Please forgive my impatience and ignorance. Your download worked great. No all I have to do is figure out all of these new cycia apps. Thanks again. I have got a lot to learn about this iPhone.