1st time iPhone user! Safari...

massyman

Bronze
Jul 15, 2008
Hi guys, glad to join the board here. I am a first time iPhone user after being with Verizon my entire life. I finally made the switch to AT&T so I could get the 3G! There is absolutely no comparison of the 3G to my old BB Curve that I used to have.

The one thing that I noticed when using Safari was that..when I exit Safari and reopen it..it takes me back to the same website or screen that I was on when I exited. When you close out of Safari and reopen why doesn't it take you automatically to a "Home Screen"? Can this be done?

For ex. I want to set Google as my home screen. I open Safari, it takes me to my Google home screen automatically...I close Safari and then reopen..it takes me to my Google home screen.....possible?

bllzll

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
safari is always going to take you to the last site that you looked at. you cant really set a default 'homepage'

just set a bookmark for whatever homepage you want and then add the icon to the main screen on the phone.

go to the page you want. and click the plus sign at the bottom to add it to the homescreen

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
That's just a feature of Safari. Unless you completely close out Safari by holding the Home button down for 8 seconds, it'll take you where you last were.

Since there is no Home button, create a Bookmark called Home that'll take you back to your Home page. Save that bookmark in several places like Bookmarks, Bookmarks Bar, and Bookmarks Menu. That way, it'll be easy to find again and you can get back to your Home page quickly.

You can also open a 2nd page and keep it on your Home page but surf from the other. That way, your Home page will be easier to get back to.

massyman

Bronze
Jul 15, 2008
Hey guys, thanks for the prompt responses. I appreciate it!

gibby71

Silver
Jan 8, 2008
in a galaxy far far away...
If there is a page you want to always open to hit the "+" at the bottom of your safari window. Select Add to Home Screen. This will put a web icon on your desktop just like a app. When you click it will will take you directly to that site.

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
Safari is one thing I love about the iPhone. I hated that some of my previous phones would take you to a home screen rather than the last page I looked at.

I love the multiple pages too!

massyman

Bronze
Jul 15, 2008
Such quick and knowledgeable responses from all, thanks! Can't wait to play around more with this phone to see what it can do!