1st time Mac owner

KPSK

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
Just bought my first Mac and so far i am loving it.
Macbook Pro 15"
2.6 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
200 GB hard drive 7200rpm
4 GB ram
Nvidia 512 card

Liked my iPhone so much i made the switch to a mac pc also.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Welcome to EIC. I just bought my first mac about 10 weeks ago. Love everything about it. We have several members here that recently switched to mac. Like you the iPhone had a lot to do with my decision. That and this great forum.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Yeah for switching! The Mac is intuitive and fun, like the iPhone. I got my MacBook about the same time that dturner got his MBP. I love it!

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Kinda wish I would have waited 2 months with this free ipod touch promotion going on:(.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Kinda wish I would have waited 2 months with this free ipod touch promotion going on:(.
Isn't that just our luck? But didn't I read that this was just for college students? Makes me wonder if the Touch is going Bye Bye.

Congrats on the new Mac! :)

I'm a little short on cash right now, but the desire for a mac has taken over! So I turned my Dell M1210 into a Mac. :)

Learning how to use MAC OS 10.5.3 now...and I'm installing Vista in a virtual machine so I can switch back and forth.

Fun, fun, fun!

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Congrats on the new Mac! :)

I'm a little short on cash right now, but the desire for a mac has taken over! So I turned my Dell M1210 into a Mac. :)

Learning how to use MAC OS 10.5.3 now...and I'm installing Vista in a virtual machine so I can switch back and forth.

Fun, fun, fun!
That's what I did, Woofus. I'm running 10.5.3 on one of my PC's hard drives with XP and Vista on others.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I'm a relatively recent Mac convert as well. My laptops both stopped working and I thought there couldn't be a better opportunity to finally get a Mac. I would have liked the College Student discount but I missed it too, a bit annoying.

NateEssex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
NJ
Congrats to all the converts!
And welcome!

thedunn805

Bronze
Jul 29, 2007
I'll have had a Mac for two years on Christmas this year

Aug 4, 2007
Bay Area California
Hi,
I just bought a mac mini to go with my iPhone which was then promptly lost/stolen. Having fun with the mini though. Leopard is cool but a little too cool for me. Any ideas on how to learn tips and tricks for that OS ?
Is there a EverythingLeopard site? :laugh2:
Colleen
ps. approx 36 more hours until it's 3g time baby

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
Yup, I'm a convert... it started 2 years ago for me and now I'm completely PC free. I have two Mac laptops (Macbook for the wife, Macbook Pro for me) and I replaced my Dell 9100 with an iMac earlier this year. No more PC's for me... after 20+ years of Windows and DOS... I'm OSX forever now.

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
Ill never go back to PC ever. Everyone who uses my Mac says the same thing. All my friends and family who needed new computers in the last year have gotten Macs because they see how far superior they are to PCs.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I went to the Apple store earlier to get my phone replaced and the place was busy as ever. They didn't have any Mac appointments left with a Genius and this was at like 1 PM. That place is always intensely busy.

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
I am a two year Mac vet and and recovering PC user. I'm 40 years old as of Wednesday. I've been a PC user since the 8086 chip. 2 years ago I saw the light by accident and I thank God every day I did.

The PC is dead to me. I would rather be shot in the face than run my work or home computer on Vista.

Long live OSX. :D

dangerouslaser

Bronze
Aug 4, 2008
North East
Just bought my first Mac and so far i am loving it.
Macbook Pro 15"
2.6 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
200 GB hard drive 7200rpm
4 GB ram
Nvidia 512 card

Liked my iPhone so much i made the switch to a mac pc also.
congrats on the switch!

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
I just bought a Macbook from eBay tonight! I couldn't afford a new one but I got a 2.16Ghz, 120gig HD, 2 gig of Ram , with a superdrive for $800. Pretty much the iPhone had me move over to a Mac. Hopefully the learning curve won't be that bad for Leopard.

iHero

Bronze
Aug 7, 2008
Washington State
codyjk.com
My first Mac was a free iMac G3 I was given, I then got my Mac mini as a birthday present a little more than a year ago. I love my Mac <3

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
Isn't that just our luck? But didn't I read that this was just for college students? Makes me wonder if the Touch is going Bye Bye.
Nahhh....apple always has promotions like these. I remember when they did something with VW (I drive a Beetle). Pods Unite! They were giving free iPods away with people who purchased VW New Beetles.

My sister also bought an iBook 4 years ago and she got a free iPod. They always do stuff like this. My guess is, they are getting rid of the current iPod Touches to make room for the new ones they are probably going to announce.

I just bought a new iMac a month ago. This was not my first Mac. I'm a teacher. I got my education discount on both the computer and Applecare. A free iPod Touch (which I gave to my mom) and a free printer (which I gave to my dad).

I made out really well on that purchase.

NiCkMiLnE

Bronze
Apr 18, 2010
UK
Nice upgrade bud..got my imac around september with the iPod touch deal :)
picked up a 24" 3.06ghz 1tb model =]