2.0.1 Bug Fixes! HA! That's a good one!

ndmx52

Dec 29, 2007
I'll start off by saying I've been an iPhone owner for a while now. Had the V1 now I have a 3G. With any of the previous firmwares I haven't experienced as many crashes, lags, freezes, ect. as this piece of garbage.

Has anyone else had a horrendous time with this recent update?

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
when i updated to 2.0.1, apps don't crash whenever i try to open them anymore.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
2.0.1 was a plus for me. It fixed all the problems I had with 2.0.

Leon8808

Aug 11, 2008
I have the same problem too with 2.0.1. It's not bad enough where it's not functional but it does get a little annoying. I might have to restore back to 2.0 if this keeps up.

tyoung

Bronze
Nov 1, 2007
So Cal
I have to admit that while I love all the apps available now, my phone ran MUCH smoother on 1.14. It ran perfectly, no troubles at all. Now I get a hiccup about once a day. Nothing major, but hopefully they can get it back to Apple perfection soon.

gadgetgal

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Has anyone else had a horrendous time with this recent update?
Yes, and it's getting worse. I just sent feedback to Apple as well.
I am having horrible lags across the board. I couldn't access my screen during a call just now. It went not just blank, but totally turned off, though the call remained in progress. The call quality wasn't good and I was trying to call back, but couldn't end the call or access anything; had to wait until the lag cycle looped through.
I really hope this gets resolved, because if this kind of thing continues, it's not a usable device. I don't want that to be the case because it's a great phone! I wonder how much of this is 3rd party app conflicts, and if that's the case, I'd love to see an app that can detect that so that I can delete the offending apps! If it's not an app issue, then a software patch is needed. Either way, I hope it's soon! ( I have the 3G now as well)