2.0.1 could be coming soon.

AntonChigurh

Bronze
Jan 30, 2008
"The folks at The Boy Genius Report spent some time poking around server logs and found references to iPhone OS 2.0.1. It seems that build 5B101 is the 2.0.1 software for first-generation iPhones, while 5B103 is for 3G iPhones.

No word on what's included, of course, or when this might hit iTunes. According to AppleInsider, some people are having trouble with the camera and the accelerometer since the update. Have any of you 1st generation iPhone owners had software trouble since the update? Here's hoping this update will solve the problem."

Source: http://www.tuaw.com/2008/07/16/rumor-apple-prepping-iphone-2-1-software/

I hope this comes soon and addresses the keyboard lag, app crashes, slow responding apps, and other problems with the 2.0 software.

jpetticrew

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
Houston
Me too. I love my iPhone, but I don't love that the 2.0 software performs below the 1.0 software...

cubbie5150

Bronze
Dec 16, 2007
It can't come soon enough. I finally updated to 2.0 from jailbroken 1.14 last night, and now Mail doesn't work--it just pops up an empty screen for a couple seconds, then crashes back to the springboard. Looks like I'll have to restore & set up my phone as new--great, goodbye text msgs, and I'll have to re-enter all my settings... Very unhappy.

Aug 15, 2007
cubbie, omg...i've been searching for a thread/someone that is having the SAME exact problem as me.

i'm AT&T, 1.1.4, jailbroken, and unlocked from ZiPhone and when i upgraded to 2.0, I can't check my emails and everything just seems sluggish. I think it's because I backed up from my previous state.

Is there ANYWAY for me to preserve my text messages (almost like saving the "sms.db" file from the filesystem) and hopefully back that up? All i want to do is preserve the SMS messages because i got a shietload of them that I want to keep.

is this impossible or possible?

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Good. It's need an update. Too many problems with 2.0

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
I downgraded mine back to 1.1.4 because 2.0 got to be too frustrating.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
cubbie, omg...i've been searching for a thread/someone that is having the SAME exact problem as me.

i'm AT&T, 1.1.4, jailbroken, and unlocked from ZiPhone and when i upgraded to 2.0, I can't check my emails and everything just seems sluggish. I think it's because I backed up from my previous state.

Is there ANYWAY for me to preserve my text messages (almost like saving the "sms.db" file from the filesystem) and hopefully back that up? All i want to do is preserve the SMS messages because i got a shietload of them that I want to keep.

When I backed up my 2G so I can load it on my 3G, everything got transferred, including text conversations. So, I assume it should work.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
not a good idea to restore from a JB backup

lady_bugz22

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
DFW, TX
So when this update comes out and everybody is updating their phone will it be another repeat where it takes forever for it to download on our phones?

NateEssex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
NJ
I don't want to kind myself, but other than lag, I haven't had such problems. I also haven't restored for the less-yellow screen update.

With sales through the roof, they will probably patch soon to avoid negative hype.

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
THis update cant come soon enough. There are so many bugs. Its weird what some people have others don't and the other way around.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
I just want to hear official word from Apple that they acknowledge the issues people are facing and they are working on it. I hate being in the dark with regards to a 300 dollar purchase's ability to function properly.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.

Try the "missing sync" from Mark Space. You can back up your texts and notes separately.

T3Logic

Bronze
Sep 4, 2007
Daytona Beach
I had a version1 jailbroken phone. I did a backup everything I wanted to keep then did a complete restore where it wiped everything out and restored version 2 update and I have not had any issues.

My setup currently has mobile me and exchange setup with push turned on. WiFi 90% of the time turned on and bluetooth connected 50% of the time.

My battery life is average. The reason I say this I now have to charge it each night to be able to make it through the following day. I mostly use it has a phone, mp3 player, and mail (work/mail) gadget.

As for the lag that is contributed to the letters I figure it is because it is trying to do a lookup after each letter and if you have a ton of contacts it can be slow sometimes. (yes it does get frustrating)