2.0.1 firmware and MobileMe

jase19

Sep 16, 2007
I've been one of the very lucky users of MobileMe that it has worked for me since the release date. But, since I've updated to the 2.0.1 firmware my calendars will not sync to my iPhone what-so-ever. Is anyone else experiencing this? Any Suggestions?

Sergio

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
I've been one of the very lucky users of MobileMe that it has worked for me since the release date. But, since I've updated to the 2.0.1 firmware my calendars will not sync to my iPhone what-so-ever. Is anyone else experiencing this? Any Suggestions?

Sergio
It does seem a bit qwerky I cant upload photos to my mobile me photo gallery. Surely they haven't messed this up AGAIN:mad:

obijuan

Jun 27, 2008
since I have updated to 2.0.1 yesterday NONE of my contacts and calendar information is syncing, both from web to phone and from phone to web do not work. this is so frustrating, Apple needs to get their act together.

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
I just deleted and reconfigured my mobile me account on my phone...things seem to be working a bit better. Maybe Apple should phone RIM to see how they so it!

jase19

Sep 16, 2007
I just deleted and reconfigured my mobile me account on my phone...things seem to be working a bit better. Maybe Apple should phone RIM to see how they so it!
I will try the same and see if I have any luck. This is VERY frustrating. :(

jase19

Sep 16, 2007
i robot, I did the same and it worked for me. Finally have my syncing back to normal! Thank you very much for the suggestion!

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
i robot, I did the same and it worked for me. Finally have my syncing back to normal! Thank you very much for the suggestion!
no problem at all. We really shouldn't have to do this though. You'd think with all the problems Apple had they'd have check this out. Especially for a paid service. If it were free you might give them a break.

obijuan

Jun 27, 2008
i have tried the delete and re-add.. no luck here

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
i have tried the delete and re-add.. no luck here
Try to delete your me account. Power off your phone and then power it up again. Then add your account.

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
well all my contacts and calendars are gone again. this is so crap

jase19

Sep 16, 2007
I'm honestly amazed by the inconsistency of MobileMe so far! Are we the only three people experiencing these problems right now?

I just read that Steve Jobs admits MobileMe isn't going well so hopefully things get fixed FAST!

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
I cant believe we are the only three. Maybe everyone else and has gottin sense and pulled out already.

I have my contacts, calendar online but they wont push to my phone. I have tried everything other than a restore.

I have been using a Blackberry at work for about 3 years without a hitch

Exchange for the rest of us.....my ass

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
You actually might be the only 3... After everyone sees the problems you guys are having with Mobile Me, and the fact that push email eats batteries like Delta Burke at a pie sale, people like myself are staying away from the stuff that seems to be a proven "flop".
Mobile Me... Me stands for Maybe Eventually.

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
You actually might be the only 3... After everyone sees the problems you guys are having with Mobile Me, and the fact that push email eats batteries like Delta Burke at a pie sale, people like myself are staying away from the stuff that seems to be a proven "flop".
Mobile Me... Me stands for Maybe Eventually.
I doubt if we are the only three:) I have my data back, its a case of now you see it now you don't. Maybe the name 'Me' is an unlucky one... anyone remember windows 'millennium edition' another disaster.

jase19

Sep 16, 2007
So far everything has been working smoothly for me now, hopefully it stays that way. But, just read an interesting article that the director of MobileMe has been "replaced".

iPhoneMatters

impaler

Silver
Apr 28, 2007
I doubt if we are the only three:) I have my data back, its a case of now you see it now you don't. Maybe the name 'Me' is an unlucky one... anyone remember windows 'millennium edition' another disaster.
It's not just you...have you seen the Apple Discussion forms on MobileMe? It's tremendous how many people are complaining. And the posts you see are just the ones the Apple folks haven't removed.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I just would like to officially say that I am very sorry that all of you that are paying for the Mobile Me service are having so many problems.
I think that for 100.00 a year, that there had better be some credits ( and not store credit either) for crappy service.

jase19

Sep 16, 2007
I just would like to officially say that I am very sorry that all of you that are paying for the Mobile Me service are having so many problems.
I think that for 100.00 a year, that there had better be some credits ( and not store credit either) for crappy service.

I absolutely agree. I read a little while ago that Jobs is giving a free month add on to MobileMe users because of the rocky start. That sounds "great" and all, but if we keep going month by month with the same problems that doesn't do much for us.

PS. I love everything about Apple, this just frustrates me.

umbrabellator

Bronze
Jan 3, 2008
The problems that everyone is experiencing with MobileMe is precisely why I personally abandoned it and went with an Exchange account.

It's very easy really. I already had a domain name registered for personal email. I simply added an Exchange account to my account with that company.

Now, everything pushes (mail, contacts and calendars) and it works perfectly, every time. I use Entourage on my Mac instead of Apple's Mail and Address Book programs. On the PC you can use Outlook.

All of this and it costs me LESS than MobileMe. Approximately $85.00 per year.

Goodbye MobileMe, hello Exchange!

P.S. My hosting company GAVE me Entourage as a part of the Exchange service, so that cost me nothing and on top of that--the best thing of all--is that I can still use my preferred email address instead of "whatever@me.com".