2.0.1 is stressing me out! Please help!

phred26

Bronze
Feb 17, 2008
Oakville, ON, Canada
I have an unlocked V1 iPhone and it was running the 2.0 software. Earlier today I decided to use the pwnage tool to update it to 2.0.1 and everything was going fine, until it tried to back up my iPhone. iTunes said that it could not back up cause something was corrupt etc. but after freaking out for a bit I got over it and redid everything on my phone. But now my phone has internet everywhere, I am not subscribed to any data plan (I'm with Fido) and before the update my phone could never access data, is there a reason why I now have data or is there a way I can turn it off?

zaius

Aug 6, 2008
bossprefs has the ability to turn off the edge network.

or oo to unlockit.co.nz on your iPhone in safari

Aug 10, 2008
I unlocked my iPhone to work on a different network, then I decided to update to 2.0, not knowing the trouble I was getting myself into, I then used the winpwn tool to try to unlock the phone then at first it worked but the only problem with the phone is that it could not make or receive calls so I decided to repeat the process but then before the end of the restoring process, I keep on getting unknown error 1602, and 1604, I need help, I am going crazy!