2.0.2 I still hate you!

NickT916

Bronze
Jan 4, 2008
still crashes during internetting, txt still slow and laggy, forum pages still jump around while typing! 2.0.0 2.0.1 sucked too!

250mb file for a single digit upgrade lol I don't see any other fixed that Apple has accomplished! People still work there?

Dad and I both not gonna have iPhones, he's using a nokia and I just got a 5310 nokia with more features than an iPhone and no crashes! I'll sell my iPhone, maybe if Apple ever gets their act straight I'll come back to it...

Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
you're not alone with the web pages jumping all over while typing. I got that problem too still with 2.0.2. My safari also freezes and crashes all the time, even more with 2.0.2 than ever before. But I am keeping my phone.

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
Yeah all my apps are crashing and my music disappeared (even though iTunes said it was still there) with this latest FIX? Have had to do a full restore x2.....which wouldnn't be so bad if it didn't take half a day to complete.

Saying this I am sticking with her for now

cdelauz

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
To be honest I haven't ad not one issue with my 2.0.2 Update!. I just hope it stayes like that.

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
See Ya!

In all honesty, all phones have some sort of problems.

So you got this phone?

I don't care how many more features you "think" it has, **cough**cough** No wifi, 3g or touch, this phone is god awful ugly. I really hope you keep this phone, we need one less complainer

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
See Ya!

So you got this phone?

I don't care how many more features you "think" it has, **cough**cough** No wifi, 3g or touch, this phone is god awful ugly. I really hope you keep this phone, we need one less complainer
I am sorry but people holding their tongue because some people don't like to hear the complaining is not an indication of a free society. He can ***** and whine all he wants - he bought a phone that doesn't work! Are we all supposed to sit quiet and accept the faulty product Apple released so we don't upset a couple of sensitive people that are practically in bed with Apple? (they would have to be if they don't complain despite the major issues regarding the iPhone.)

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
I am sorry but people holding their tongue because some people don't like to hear the complaining is not an indication of a free society. He can ***** and whine all he wants - he bought a phone that doesn't work! Are we all supposed to sit quiet and accept the faulty product Apple released so we don't upset a couple of sensitive people that are practically in bed with Apple? (they would have to be if they don't complain despite the major issues regarding the iPhone.)
He never said his phone didn't work. He has slow lag, which is a minimal pain. All you do is type 1 letter and then type the rest of your message behind that letter. Their will be an update that will fix this obviously.

Ive had multiple smart phones and they ALL had problems. Id rather have a phone that has an occasional hiccup than a BB that would erase call logs and texts atleast 2 times a week ( and this is a major issue with BB).

About the complaining, yes complaining to Apple is fine with me. But, when people make childish threads as "I still hate You!" it makes me think more inexperienced phone users are getting this phone and don't understand that their will be bugs and they will be fixed.

Sure, Apple could have tested these phones for another 6 more months, thus delaying the launch but Im glad they didn't. And, I can't believe that their has already been 2 updates since 2.0. People expect everything to be fixed at once, again this takes time. Just because you don't notice any changes to 2.0.2 doesn't mean it isn't there.

This phone is the best phone I have ever owned. 2.0 is a little buggier than 1.1.4 but I will be buying the new iPhone next year (assuming it comes out then).

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
i had a few issues with lag in 2.0.1 but 2.0.2 seems fine
i think i had an app crash once but i just rebooted my phone

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
later.

I used to love Nokias but you can't go back to that after am iPhone.

or just throw it back down to 1.1.4

I did the revert to iTunes 7.7 (without the 1) then did a restore of my phone and everything seems to be working great now. Plus Apple gave me a new phone yesterday because they could not figure out why any of my third party apps would not open.

My new phone did the same thing until i downgraded and so far so good... i am keeping my fingers crossed. I will not update again until 2.1 comes out, if ever...... a 2.0.3 will not be an upgrade for me.

NickT916

Bronze
Jan 4, 2008
See Ya!

So you got this phone?

yes crashing, lagging, crashing some more, freezing, then some more crashing ... yes thats not brocken, thats stupid... the nokia is my secondary phone right now, and for the little tiny thing that it is its amazing. Louder, really user friendly, sure no wifi 3G boohoo, but it gives me peace lol... sure i had 3G on my 3G but web pages closed and its frustrating as heck. Nokia is like 4 times smaller than the iPhone.

NickT916

Bronze
Jan 4, 2008
later.

I used to love Nokias but you can't go back to that after am iPhone.

or just throw it back down to 1.1.4
i went through heck trying to get to 1.1.4 i followed all the steps correctly and tried to do it a few times but no luck. So i had no choice but to go back to 2.0...

however i just came up with a slightly better solution... while having my Nokia as a play around toy, i just went and bought 2 iPhones 1.1.4 for $640 i will keep one 1.1.4, second i might give to my gf or i have another plan for it... meanwhile im selling my 3G on ebay right now.

Ill suffer on the Edge but atleast 1.1.4 is more reliable than the 2.0+ and maybe when 2.1 comes out, or the new iPhone in september or whenever with 32GB and MMS and copy paste and video and 3MP+ thats the only way ill go back to 3G technology.... there has been way to many times when i wanted to throw my 3G out of my semi truck and then hope it gets run over with my rear tires on the trailer haha..

T3Logic

Bronze
Sep 4, 2007
Daytona Beach
I did the revert to iTunes 7.7 (without the 1) then did a restore of my phone and everything seems to be working great now. Plus Apple gave me a new phone yesterday because they could not figure out why any of my third party apps would not open.

My new phone did the same thing until i downgraded and so far so good... i am keeping my fingers crossed. I will not update again until 2.1 comes out, if ever...... a 2.0.3 will not be an upgrade for me.
I have a version 1 phone and today my apps stopped working. I can load the default apps but I can not load third party apps.

My phone is not jailbroken and the only reason I will not do another restore is because I am about 3000 miles away from my itune machine. If I do a restore I will lose all of my music and I don't want to go on a flight without music.

If I keep it the way it is will I get a free upgrade to the 3g?

Sirius389

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
New Jersey
To be honest I haven't ad not one issue with my 2.0.2 Update!. I just hope it stayes like that.
Same for me also, but now that I have said everything is running smooth watch something start to go wrong, lol

duckdogdrake

Bronze
Aug 14, 2007
V1, 1.1.4. I don't have one single problem and refuse to downgrade to the 3g.

damstr

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Right now ever since 2.0 I've been hating my iPhone for the most part. It seems like every little update Apples has to try and fix things they either make problems worse, or they fix one problem but create another.

Right now my 3G doesn't work 90% of the time. Great so now I'm paying for a friggin service that I'm not even able to use. Apple is becoming a really big dissapointment for me now.

They need to get their sh!t straight and NOW.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
the iPhone 3G cannot be used with any firmware lower than 2.0

this. is. not. questioned. it is fact.

of course you can't downgrade. duh. the 1.1.4 firmware is made for only iPhone1,1 (iPhone 2.5G) NOT iPhone1,2 (iPhone 3G).

I have a feeling the next update is going to be called 2.1.1