2.0.2 Update download continues to fail

Grifftech

Bronze
Dec 14, 2007
I am on my 12th time trying to download and it continues to say network connection issue could not download and I am online browsing and doing other things.

The one time it downloaded it wouldn't install due the file being corrupted.

This is my first time updating my 3G phone as I forgot to get 2.0.1..

Any pointers?

Thanks,
Griff

netsyd

Sep 9, 2007
Colorado
www.steili.com
I am on my 12th time trying to download and it continues to say network connection issue could not download and I am online browsing and doing other things.

The one time it downloaded it wouldn't install due the file being corrupted.

This is my first time updating my 3G phone as I forgot to get 2.0.1..

Any pointers?

Thanks,
Griff
Are you on Vista?

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
If your using Windows (not sure about Vista) try clearing your cache and cookie files, reboot and try downloading again.

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
I had exact same problem on Windows XP. Over and over. Eventually it worked after many many tries. Wish I could be more help.

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
Im in the process of installing the 2.0.2 update now.... ahhhh there, it's done. What changes are there in the new update or are there any that are noticeable?

Kevio

Bronze
Jul 30, 2008
Rachet City
here is the best advice you'll find in this thread...don't download it. Every update I get for this phone seems to mess things up more than before. :(

iksn

Silver
Aug 7, 2008
Near Las Vegas
I haven't updated from 2.0, and don't plan to until at least Sept 2.1, if that's what comes out. Even then, I will patiently watch and wait to see how it is received by others.
Currently, my two week old new 3G iPhone operates fine.

Kevio

Bronze
Jul 30, 2008
Rachet City
I had MINOR text lag and only at CERTAIN times when I first got my iPhone (2.0.) At 2.0.1 the lag completely disappeared for about 2-3 days, then came back off and on, but it seemed worse than 2.0. Then 2.0.2 rolled around and has wreaked havoc on my text messages....It's crazy.

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
Five minutes after I updated to 2.0.2 I was running some errands and had to send an email out on my iPhone. I would get so far in typing out a response for no reason the cursor would start backspacing, erasing everything one letter at a time, no matter what I did just short of turning the phone off I couldn't get the cursor to stop.

Ten minutes later I tried it again and it worked fine.

Empererred

Bronze
Jul 1, 2008
I just downloaded the update this morning and put it onto my phone and everything is fine. I have a macbook and as soon as I connected the phone it downloaded the software and installed in onto the phone.

So far so good..