2.0 - do old jailbroken apps work?

Mar 12, 2008
I am currently on version 1.1.4 - unlocked and jailbroken using it in ireland on Vodafone so have no other choice..

If / When I am able to officially update to 2.0 using iTunes will I be able to unlock the phone again?

Also - what happens with the apps i downloaded on jailbroken 1.1.4 - will they still work ? Things like swirly MMS etc

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
right now...No
we have to wait

Mar 12, 2008
I assume I have to wait for all of the following?

1. To be able to unlock again
2. To be able to jailbreak again
3. For apps that ran on 1.1.4 - to be updated by their respected developers to work on 2.0

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
I assume I have to wait for all of the following?

1. To be able to unlock again
2. To be able to jailbreak again
3. For apps that ran on 1.1.4 - to be updated by their respected developers to work on 2.0
correct sir

Mar 12, 2008
Thanks - fingers crossed that the powers that be get around to doing this soon.... obviously I want the advantages of v2.0 but don't want to lose the extras I have on 1.1.4 as a jailbroken user..

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
I am currently on version 1.1.4 - unlocked and jailbroken using it in ireland on Vodafone so have no other choice..

If / When I am able to officially update to 2.0 using iTunes will I be able to unlock the phone again?

Also - what happens with the apps i downloaded on jailbroken 1.1.4 - will they still work ? Things like swirly MMS etc

I d like to know what in the world makes you think someone has these answers..? Have you even opened your eyes while on this site?

Mar 12, 2008
Nice attitude and nice Pic!

Just asking a question... If I don't ask I will never find out.

There is always someone that knows the answers to these type of questions - just a matter of whether they read these sites and want to answer..

The beta's have been out for long enough and already jailbroken so perhaps someone developing on these might have some wisdom.