2.0 erased everything? What?

SuperDave

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Ok small story. I usually sync my iPhone at my gf's house because it has our music and all that stuff. Well I updated with 2.0 but had problems with connecting to the iTunes store. I thought it could have been her connection and went over to my parents house, only to have the same problem with connecting. After a while it worked, but now it erased EVERYTHING. I don't have my contacts, texts, voicemails, music, etc. It's all gone.

Now, I'm hoping someone can tell me that because I initially downloaded and installed the 2.0 update at my gf's house, that her computer will have a backup of all of my stuff? So am I totally nuts, bolts, and screwed, or is there a backup on that computer with my stuff? Thanks!

Also, viva la V1! :)

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Now you need to sync it at the location where you last synced the phone. You were supposed to sync it one more time before updating. If you'll sync it at the last computer you used to sync the phone, it'll add back all your media.

SuperDave

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Now you need to sync it at the location where you last synced the phone. You were supposed to sync it one more time before updating. If you'll sync it at the last computer you used to sync the phone, it'll add back all your media.
Ok that's what I thought but I wanted confirmation, what with the FUBAR that is iDay 2.0 :laugh2: Thanks!

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL

good lk Cols-

Pinhead

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Gl man i had the same problem i don't even want to plug my phone in yet to see if it will restore cause it will just piss me off even more..But my friend had it happen to him and took him 2 hours and he finally got it back working so their is hope man..

kengelmann

Bronze
Oct 31, 2007
Help? I synched this am, then, my phone crashed....so I waited till this afternoon, updated to 2.0,and now I have no idea what is wrong, but, my contacts are gone. I'v tried synching, but, no luck. Anyone no of way to look in the iTunes folder? See if the back-up is there? I'm lost?

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
i lost only my Notes, which i maybe should have expected. nothing important but one...a love note from the ol' lady marking the day i took Black Lily home.:(