2.0 is live!

coryt87

Bronze
Jul 24, 2007
Same thing happened to me, my carrier logo is still custom, but I'm okay with that

merlconn13

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
if u install as a NEW PHONE don't you lose all of your texts, settings, etc? my carrier logo has said "dave" forever and im not even jailbroken. i had to restore a long time ago but the logo never went back to ATT

TSheridan330

Bronze
Dec 16, 2007
Successful Update, everything is running smoothly so far. Thx.

Bill-E

Jul 9, 2008
Buffalo, NY
Hello! I am new here...this is actually my first post...but with all the tips and tricks I've picked up I am happy to report that my iPhone easily, and quickly I might add, updated with no glitches to 2.0. I am having fun playing around with the apps right now!

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Hello! I am new here...this is actually my first post...but with all the tips and tricks I've picked up I am happy to report that my iPhone easily, and quickly I might add, updated with no glitches to 2.0. I am having fun playing around with the apps right now!
Good for you! Welcome to EiC!

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
You guys are braver than me, I'm scared to upgrade unofficially. But fill us in on the apps store when you get a chance.

NateEssex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
NJ
I downloaded the iPhone 2 software correctly. I go to iTunes and hold <option> and go to the iTUnes Menu-->Check for Updates...

I get: This verison of iTunes (7.7) is the current version.

I try it holding <ctrl> to no avail. I try it holding <command> to no avail. I try it holding <shift> to no avail.

Help please...

gibby71

Silver
Jan 8, 2008
in a galaxy far far away...
I downloaded the iPhone 2 software correctly. I go to iTunes and hold <option> and go to the iTUnes Menu-->Check for Updates...

I get: This verison of iTunes (7.7) is the current version.

I try it holding <ctrl> to no avail. I try it holding <command> to no avail. I try it holding <shift> to no avail.

Help please...
Go to your iPhone menu not iTunes menu (click on your phone on the left panel)

jimmyrules712

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
just downloaded iTunes 7.7 and installed firmware 2.0 with no problems.

Have already browsed through all the available new apps and installed a bunch of free ones. I'm now able to use facebook CHAT on my iPhone!

now to try to unlock it...

ratstarwars

Bronze
Jun 8, 2008
Hold down Shift (for Windows) and Option (for mac) and click Check for Updates. Then browse to the .ipsw file you just downloaded and select. Voila!
Works purrrrfekt.
Hey Cols...do u remember the guy on EIC that had the Stormtrooper(starwars) avatar?

Colin

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
I updated to 7.7, downloaded the 2.0 software from macrumors and it bombed my phone. I'm in the process of restoring it right now.....my phone was not jailbroken and totally stock. Do I lose settings like mailbox info etc?

paa79594

Silver
Jul 23, 2007
Los Angeles
www.theplasticguys.com
I updated to 7.7, downloaded the 2.0 software from macrumors and it bombed my phone. I'm in the process of restoring it right now.....my phone was not jailbroken and totally stock. Do I lose settings like mailbox info etc?
Did you sync before you ran the update? (this would back you up) How did it bomb, what happened? My process took well over 20 minutes, but that was installing the new software, and putting back on my settings, mailboxes, music etc.

Colin

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
Answered my own question, it's restoring from a backup. ..... now the question, is, do I try again?

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Did your iTunes tell you there was an update available? Neither of mine did... and when I checked using the iTunes>Check for Updates within iTunes it said 7.6.2 was the current version. Crazy.

Anyway, I'm very grateful for the help. Thanks guys.
I did the same thing; you have to do it from SYSTEM UPDATES no iTunes updates. Then you'll get iTunes and MobileMe updates.

Also, I've done 2 on Macs, and 1 on a PC. All are working fine. None were hacked, btw. My phone is staying hacked for PDS - so I'll never know... :laugh2:

For windows, use the Apple software update program.

Colin

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
Did you sync before you ran the update? (this would back you up) How did it bomb, what happened? My process took well over 20 minutes, but that was installing the new software, and putting back on my settings, mailboxes, music etc.
I got the 'unknown error unable to update.." message.