2.0 killed my Bluetooth!

rohantmh

Aug 28, 2007
Humble, TX
After updating to 2.0 my phone would pair but not work with my uconnect on my Jeep radio. 1.1.4 worked fine. I took it to Apple and they gave me a new phone with 1.1.4 and told me not to upgrade to 2.0 till the bug is fixed. Has anyone had the same problem, or how about the 3g does it work with Chryslers uconnect?

B-rock

Sep 9, 2007
Mine also is not working with my Uconnect. Worked great before the 2.0.

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Unfortunately, your cars are using an outdated way to send audio to your car stereo. This has been well documented in other threads.

I have a 2009 Acura TSX. It has a USB port which isn't necessarily only made for iPod/iPhone, but it still works for Apple devices (including my 3G). Cars with a specific iPod connector seems to be having problems. I'm glad Acura ditched the iPod connector for a more generic USB port.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Unfortunately, your cars are using an outdated way to send audio to your car stereo. This has been well documented in other threads.

I have a 2009 Acura TSX. It has a USB port which isn't necessarily only made for iPod/iPhone, but it still works for Apple devices (including my 3G). Cars with a specific iPod connector seems to be having problems. I'm glad Acura ditched the iPod connector for a more generic USB port.

Kind of like how MMS is an "outdated" way to send messages? Even though everyone else in the galaxy is using it..? Thanks for being so-o cutting edge, Apple.

jpmihalk

Bronze
May 16, 2007
USA
Actually, it is the headset/hands-free profiles that have been changed in 2.0 that are the problem. My uConnect worked fine with my old iPhone and 1.1.4 but once I upgraded it, it stopped connecting. Now my 3G also does not work... it is a problem in the 2.0 software, not uConnect. And uConnect never supported A2DP for stereo audio, unlike the Acura.

Apple is aware of the issue and there should be a fix in the next update.