2.0 still not on iTunes

Sep 7, 2007
I'm in Chicago and iTunes still says 1.1.4 is the current version when I click check for updates. I know I can manually download 2.0 but I was kind of waiting for the official through iTunes notification. What gives? Did they pull 2.0 for some areas to allow for 3G users to activate?

AntonChigurh

Bronze
Jan 30, 2008
Make sure you have iTunes 7.7. For some reason even if you downloaded it you might have to download it again. On iTunes click "Help"-"About iTunes" and make sure it says 7.7. If it says 7.6 then you should go to Apple.com and download it again. Wait for the text to start scrolling on the "About iTunes" screen. It should be the first line of text.

Sep 7, 2007
Make sure you have iTunes 7.7. For some reason even if you downloaded it you might have to download it again. On iTunes click "Help"-"About iTunes" and make sure it says 7.7. If it says 7.6 then you should go to Apple.com and download it again. Wait for the text to start scrolling on the "About iTunes" screen. It should be the first line of text.

That's weird. I know I installed 7.7 already, but when I went to "About iTunes" it said 7.6. Installing 7.7 again now, hopefully that'll do the trick. Thanks!