2.0 takes forever to sync

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
since the 2.0 upgrade, every time I stick my phone on the dock it spends 5 minutes "backing up iPhone". I assumed this was just a bug that would be fixed, but I want to make sure others are experiencing this.

erinlin

Mar 30, 2008
Yep, same for me too. I'm thinking it may just be because of all the new apps it is copying for backup. Once I slow down on downloading apps the syncing should be quicker (hopefully ;)).

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
Take forever is an understatement ... This phone takes 10 minutes to sync and load nothing. It takes so long to load programs. I find it funny that when the phone was jailbroken adding applications once they were downloaded took 2 seconds.

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
PS don't get a call while synking ... just did. Phone froze, iTunes froze, phone reset itself. I got pissed off. By the way phone takes FOREVER to turn back on.

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
yep im having the same problem i made a post in the iPhone 3g forums an di just saw yours here. mines takes about 10 mins to sync everytime its so annoying! im also guessing it has something to do with all the apps we have from the app store

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
It can't be the apps because mine did it before I got any apps. Has to be a bug. Come on 2.01!

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
When the phone is syncing and i click on any tab in iTunes (Summary, Info, Ringtones, ect.), iTunes goes wild. I get the multi-colored spinning wheel, the white glow over the words slide to unlock screen freezes. Then the phone resets itself. Very ANNOYING. You have to wait 15 minutes till the thing syncs if you decide half way through you want to put a different playlist in. Def hope you are right about the update colstiger.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
It looks like nobody has found a solution to this problem This only thing I can do if I have to sync is to do it at bedtime and let it do its stuff overnight. The only problem is that the iPhone is also my only alarm and I can't do that when I work.:mad:

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
It looks like nobody has found a solution to this problem This only thing I can do if I have to sync is to do it at bedtime and let it do its stuff overnight. The only problem is that the iPhone is also my only alarm and I can't do that when I work.:mad:
I found at least this thread, but nobody found a solution.

Last edited by a moderator:

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
this really changes things.

This really changes the way i use my phone.

I would normally put my phone on the dock every time I enter my office, just so I can be sure the calendars are synced, and then pop it off the dock when I leave. The problem is I go in and out of the office about 10 times per day. This is painful. I call 2.01 in under a week.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
This really changes the way i use my phone.

I would normally put my phone on the dock every time I enter my office, just so I can be sure the calendars are synced, and then pop it off the dock when I leave. The problem is I go in and out of the office about 10 times per day. This is painful. I call 2.01 in under a week.
I agree. We will see a very quick update to 2.0.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I found a way (temporary I guess) to prevent the endless backing-up. In the "summary" tab, make sure you uncheck ALL the options (there are 3 of them), then you can sync. It will still "back up" the phone, but only for a few minutes, then will sync in a normal fashion (2 minutes). This has worked 3 times today, so I assume it's not a fluke:laugh2:.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Im suffering from the same things you guys are. 10 minutes to sync and 5 to turn on.