2.1 feature (small but useful)

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
Wow this is great, it even erases your phone number from the phone and stuff?

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
that seems pretty cool even tho i don't have much important info on my iPhone i still would rather not some random person have access to my myspace, aim or facebook.
but i don't think ill use it because i don't want one of my friends guessing the password when im not watching 10 times causing it to wipe it would be such a hassle. im still trying to figure out if I should even use the pass code lock system because if i ever lost my iPhone i wouldn't want such a feature preventing the person from finding more info so they can find me and return it if that is the case (such as seeing my home number or my mom or dads numbers and calling them) what do you guys think? what im saying is that if i loose it and someone finds it i have a better chance of getting it back if they arent locked out of it by a passcode. if theyre gonna steal it theyre gonna steal it but just that small chance that they might return it keeps me from locking my iPhone

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Excellent. Now all I need is remote wipe (without Exchange) and I'm set.

Dec 2, 2007
My younger sister always enters in the wrong password, it's not a great feature for people whose iPod Touch/iPhone gets played around with. But it's still good for removing credit card info, and stuff like that. Didn't Zdziarski claim to have found a hack that allows him to bypass the slide to unlock password and access the iPod Touch? If so, then this feature in a way is useless.

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
My younger sister always enters in the wrong password, it's not a great feature for people whose iPod Touch/iPhone gets played around with. But it's still good for removing credit card info, and stuff like that. Didn't Zdziarski claim to have found a hack that allows him to bypass the slide to unlock password and access the iPod Touch? If so, then this feature in a way is useless.
Yes, but I believe Apple was aware of this bug and it should be fixed now.

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
Yes, but I believe Apple was aware of this bug and it should be fixed now.
Yes i think they fixed it with 2.0.2

People play with mine all the time too (thats what she said...or he said? :laugh2: ) but i set mine to only ask for the pass code after being idle for 5 minutes. I can just unlock it and hand it to them.

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
that seems pretty cool even tho i don't have much important info on my iPhone i still would rather not some random person have access to my myspace, aim or facebook.
but i don't think ill use it because i don't want one of my friends guessing the password when im not watching 10 times causing it to wipe it would be such a hassle. im still trying to figure out if I should even use the pass code lock system because if i ever lost my iPhone i wouldn't want such a feature preventing the person from finding more info so they can find me and return it if that is the case (such as seeing my home number or my mom or dads numbers and calling them) what do you guys think? what im saying is that if i loose it and someone finds it i have a better chance of getting it back if they arent locked out of it by a passcode. if theyre gonna steal it theyre gonna steal it but just that small chance that they might return it keeps me from locking my iPhone
Cant you answer calls with the pass code lock on?

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
Cant you answer calls with the pass code lock on?
ohh i didn't know that if you can. i guess thats all i need then is to hope they pick up lol. so i guess i feel better about putting the lock on my phone i put it for after 15 mins of standby though so im not constantly unlocking it

jackz5o

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
New Jersey
That seems like a nice feature.. just make sure to backup daily if you have little children or something around your phone who likes to randomly type in numbers :p

Owgasm

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
1hr or 4hr, so that if someone steals it, hopefully its untouched, also doesn't annoy me, cause i play with it every hour, except for the hours of sleep, only time i need the code.