2.1 update on old 8g iPhone-any improvments noticed?

Hockey Puck

Bronze
Jan 22, 2008
PHOENIX ARIZONA
Has anybody noticed any improvements to the old 8g iPhone with the 2.1 update. I saw the postings on the 3G link, but seemed more comments were directed to 3g phones.

thanks

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Well I can only state my experience going from 1.1.4 jailbreak to 2.1 stock (and now jailbroken again)... I feel the phone, overall, is a lot faster now. Moving around from app to app seems faster, and Safai appears to load and render pages faster.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Same here. I never experienced too many bugs, but any that I did have been fixed and as Dave said, everything feels a tad snappier now. Apps don't sit on their loading screens for as long and return to the Home Page faster. The AppStore update process is also much better (it was just awful before) and the Genius playlists are welcome as well.

Redbird

Jul 14, 2007
I am having problems with syncing all my ringtones. Some will sync and others won't. Anyone have any ideas on how to remediy this?

carrera.owner

Bronze
Aug 31, 2008
Long Island, NY
definitely feels snappier and have had no hangs (so far). Backing up via iTunes is significantly faster and battery life seems better - but I can see no reason why this should be so.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
2.1 has been jailbroken already?

*Forget it, thats only for the Macs.

Well I can only state my experience going from 1.1.4 jailbreak to 2.1 stock (and now jailbroken again)... I feel the phone, overall, is a lot faster now. Moving around from app to app seems faster, and Safai appears to load and render pages faster.

chrismmm

Silver
Dec 27, 2007
Gwinnett, Georgia
REALLY! I have been thinking about migrating over (on 114 also)and will prob do that soon. Thats good news thanks guys.

tyoung

Bronze
Nov 1, 2007
So Cal
Apps don't hang or crash, at least they haven't yet. Phone backup on iTunes is much faster too.

Lazarus

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Miami
it is a bit better but still far from being perfect. I still have apps crash on me from time to time.

boldblend

Bronze
Dec 27, 2007
text lag is gone! I can download app updates and apps via the app store with it crashing anymore, and I can use an app that I had to remove completely before because it was causing so much problem!

MUCH MUCH improvement for me! I was tearing my hair out having to do restores all the time!