2.2 jailbreak and Lag reports

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
It allows appstore applications to be run in the background... Instead of quitting immediately when you exit them.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
well, i've been experiencing some serious lag and safari crashing the last couple of days... i'm gonna restore and only install minimal apps this time.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Yeah. Jailbreaking still causes lag. It's a lot better now, but you will see it. I still rebout twice a day and I'm happy. No backgrounder still.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Hey, I'm back! I just noticed something that will save me and hopefully a lot of other people some time.

We all know this lag thing that jailbreaking does is easily solved temporarily with a reboot. But that takes about 40-45 seconds on average for me. I've noticed the lag goes away with resprings also, and they only take about 15 seconds. And they are easily invoked with SBsettings. Just thought I'd point this out. It makes "refreshing" the phone more often much more convenient.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I've only used Quickpwn. Ramesh has only used Pwnage, and he claims to have no lag. I don't know what to believe anymore, and it doesn't really matter because I don't mind being stock now unless something truly killer comes out for jailbreak.

smittylube

Bronze
Feb 19, 2008
Silicon Valley
I do notice things take longer to load for sure. I would say it is still slightly faster than unbroke 2.1. Not real bad.

I was thinking maybe remove winterboard & recheck performance..(if it slows much more) I don't do much in the way of theming - just colored signal bars, att logo and fireball g3.. I can manually replace those now- Oh yeah wallpaper background I like as well... Not sure if I can add that manually.

I like MIM, SBsettings and the themes as well as access to the files.. Jmo.

smittylube

Bronze
Feb 19, 2008
Silicon Valley
my camera take to the 5 count now 1 day after.. You may try the steady cam free app. that loads in 3 count.- U just need to wait for it to save to the photo roll.

All in all JB lag is no deal breaker for me yet.

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
my camera take to the 5 count now 1 day after.. You may try the steady cam free app. that loads in 3 count.- U just need to wait for it to save to the photo roll.

All in all JB lag is no deal breaker for me yet.
i'm with you. 6 second camera open, but still love my jb

nobopyon

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
5-6 secs for me, too...

same here, still love my JB!

I also noticed, once you open camera, short after that when you re-open the camera, it seems it's quicker to open.

smittylube

Bronze
Feb 19, 2008
Silicon Valley
>>>Every thing moves faster when I have no themes on in winterboard.<<<

I don't have any complete themes that I use, just user wallpaper. I have colored signal bars- then I customized them so in transparent & solid modes I get color signal, g3 fire thing and the att logo w the globe. Next I want to make the wifi and batteries color in both modes as well.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
From my experience, the only thing disengaging Winterboard did was delay the onset of the lag. It did not get rid of it nor lessen the severity of it once it started.

smittylube

Bronze
Feb 19, 2008
Silicon Valley
I hate to bring this back up but................
I just did a side by side comparison with a new stock 3g and my jailbroke phone performed slightly faster! Go figure...

There must be some sort of discrepancy from phone to phone.

mine had the 5 icon dock, my WP behind the springboard, custom status icons etc.