2.2 jailbreak and Lag reports

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
A few days after I Jailbroke my iPhone I took it to walmart and put it up against one of their display models. There was a very small difference in how fast some apps opened, like maybe 1/2 a second difference, but most was the same. The ones I compared were email, sms, ipod, photos, clock and a few others I can't remember.

Not2slo128

Sep 19, 2009
Hi. First pos

Hi everyone.

Why no posts since Jan 09?

I stumbled here through google bc I'm on the fence about Jb my phone. I'm using Linux at home and I like free apps but the increase in lag time (x3 is the avg reported here I believe) is a deal breaker.

Is it clear cut that every one who jb will experience increased lag? Or has that question already been answered and that's why there's no activity?

Thx

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Hi everyone.

Why no posts since Jan 09?

I stumbled here through google bc I'm on the fence about Jb my phone. I'm using Linux at home and I like free apps but the increase in lag time (x3 is the avg reported here I believe) is a deal breaker.

Is it clear cut that every one who jb will experience increased lag? Or has that question already been answered and that's why there's no activity?

Thx
If you have a 3GS, i would not worry about lag from jailbreaking. It was a serious problem with v1 and 3G iPhones on 2.x software. I don't recall any specific reports on v1/3G lag on a jailbroken 3.x... perhaps someone who has tried it will chime in.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Lag on the V1 and 3G with jailbreaking is very common, but in my experience, and the general consensus of the jailbreaking community, there is no lag on the 3GS.

RossMc

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2009
Newcastle, UK
I meant upgrade to the 3GS lol.

I have never been able to get things in the correct order when I do the >

Mabey I should stop trying to think im clever and stop using it haha.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I still remember how they taught it to us in grade school. The symbol represents an alligators mouth and the alligator always eats the bigger number :)

Braduz

May 29, 2010
Hey, I read some of the solutions but my jailbroken ipod touch's keyboared laggs, its only the keyboared, can someone please help, i have tried it just after jailbreaking it and the keyboard still laggs :(

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Hey, I read some of the solutions but my jailbroken ipod touch's keyboared laggs, its only the keyboared, can someone please help, i have tried it just after jailbreaking it and the keyboard still laggs :(
Are you seriously on firmware 2.2? I thought I was bad still on 3.0!

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
The best solution is to upgrade the phone or just run it stock. The 3G lags when jailbroken. I didn't notice it too much on 2x, but it's very noticeable on 3x. The keyboard is painfully slow in Cydia on a jailbroken 3G. There is a significant speed boost with the 3GS.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
There are times now with my jailbroken V1 that I can just sit it down and go get a cup of coffee. It's gonna be a long 3 weeks.