2 Apple ID's (still no way to merge)

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by raqball, Oct 22, 2014.

1. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

I have had this problem for years!

I have 2 Apple ID's and really wish there was a way to merge them.

My store Apple ID has a old gmail.com address that was hacked and closed years ago so I no longer have access to that email which is really not an issue. All my app store purchases are under that ID however. I have a different Apple ID under the old mac.com address that is used for iCloud. I do have access to that email so it's fine as it is..

My issue is now even worse with passbook. For instance if I download the Apple Store App it automatically logs me into the gmail.com app store account (as it should) BUT my Passbook info is tied to my mac.com iCloud account..

I have this issue in several different areas.

I had a thought that I might be able to just use Family Share and share my gmail.com purchased apps with the mac.com iCloud account BUT Family Share is set up using iCloud...

Round and round I go.....

Edit to add:

Okay, I signed out of my mac.com iCloud account and then signed into iCloud with the gmail.com account. I then added my mac.com to family share and accepted the invitation on my Macbook (which was still logged into the mac.com iCloud account)

After that I went back to the iPhone and logged out of the gmail.com iCloud account and back into the mac.com account. Then I signed out of the gmail.com Apple Store account and singed in with the mac.com account.

Is your head spinning yet???? LOL

I might have this nailed down now to where I can use just the mac.com account for all my app purchases (it's now tied to the gmail.com App Store account) and my iCloud using ONLY the mac.com account on both..

I haven't tested Passbook yet and my fingers are crossed this actually works.. It's been a pain in my neck for years!

Good grief, seriously Apple???

Edit 2:

All iOS apps are fine for family share BUT on my Mac I have one paid app that won't and it's my most used app... Tweetbot!

YAWN! Tweetbot only allows family sharing if it was purchased after June 3, 2014 but I purchased it years ago the day it was released... I have emailed the developer to see what can be done and I hope I get a favorable response..

#1 raqball, Oct 22, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  2. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

Yes!!! I have almost the identical situation. Has your solution caused any issues with iTunes on your Mac and syncing your iPhone to iTunes?

3. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

Everything appears fine in iTunes.. When I check account it says I am part of a family and all purchases are managed by the gmail.com account..

Maybe I will write up a how to on this that's less confusing than my rambling and confusing post above..

4. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

5. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

That link took me to a 2006-2007 thread about iCal?

6. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Just tested the link. Worked fine for me.

7. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

If your PC is on the fritz and you can't get the link to work just navigate to the iCloud section on this forum and you will see it there...

8. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

I got the weird redirect on my iPhone. The link worked fine on my PC. Strange?O_o