2 computers 1 iPhone

iprncess

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
I have 2 computers one old and one newer both with iTunes. I usually only backup and sync to one (the older). It seems to be taking forever to download the update so I'd like to do it on the newer. Can I do that and sync my iPhone without losing all my stuff?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Each device (ipod,iPhone) can be authorized on up to 5 computers. Just go into iTunes on the newer machine and authorize it and you will be good to go.
The only problem would be if you have different info on the 2 computers.

iprncess

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
yes,
I don't have anything on the second computer. It's mostly for work. It appears the 2nd one is now getting the same "Network Time out" error. Guess I'm just not getting this update :-(

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
yes,
I don't have anything on the second computer. It's mostly for work. It appears the 2nd one is now getting the same "Network Time out" error. Guess I'm just not getting this update :-(
That isn't really a computer issue. You are getting that message because so many people are trying to get the update at once. Just wait until tomorrow and it will probably be better. Note that the update does take about 20-30 min. to complete once it starts.