2 days with iPhone 5 anyone else got concerns..

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Prozium12

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 22, 2012
Uk,Manchester
I've been looking over my ip5 since the 21st and I'm starting to notice flaws in the body of the black ip5,I've got little nicks at the bottom of the slate effect on the back and I can see where the glass inserts have been glued in bits of the glue are visible this is on the black model, I've been on to 3 network and there sending out a new one but it won't be ready till the 17th October..anyone else had similar? May go for a white one going to have a look and hold of a white model tomorrow... Bit gutted about it..

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
Guarantee if I have that problem I will return for exchange. Maybe a white one is in my furture. We'll see.

Sorry to hear about the mess Pro!

OzzyMoto

Sep 22, 2012
At the Apple Store we opened 4 consecutive black 64GB models before I found one without scratches on the back or bevel nicks.

I have the phone in a case now - would like to bareback but this thing would get torn up. I have seen white IP5's with bevel nicks also but the backplate seems less prone to show scratches.

I guarantee that the iPhone 6 will not have this problem (Apple will correct it somehow after all the bad press).

one_crazy_dude

Contributor
Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Toms River New Jersey
I got lucky with a flawless i5. But I did order this before the phone was delivered.
I'm not fond of the front protector part but I love how it covers the rest of the phone. I ordered bumpers off eBay but will arrive on Monday.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Mine is flawless too, nothing and believe me I've looked. Now it sits inside the candyshell and its not going anywhere.

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
At the Apple Store we opened 4 consecutive black 64GB models before I found one without scratches on the back or bevel nicks.

I have the phone in a case now - would like to bareback but this thing would get torn up. I have seen white IP5's with bevel nicks also but the backplate seems less prone to show scratches.

I guarantee that the iPhone 6 will not have this problem (Apple will correct it somehow after all the bad press).
Most likely Apple will correct this with future i5 phones.

jnic429

Bronze
Jan 17, 2009
I got the white i5, no flaws with the exterior at all. I went to best buy and had them put a Zagg HD shield on the front and put on a clear Rocketfish soft shell case to show its beauty...I had a feeling the black would have this problem. Go for the white...

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
Son has a black iPhone5 I take a look quick
We saw some tests and decided we need no cases for the most part and took them off
Just inspected it and besides some kids sticky finger prints it is flawless
We are not worried as we were with the glass. Scratches (as long they are not up front) will add pizazz

ipod

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Mine (black) has 2 areas where it's either flaking or fading, it's really tiny though so I can't tell. At the end of the day though it's just a phone, so I'm like whatevs.

Prozium12

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 22, 2012
Uk,Manchester
Mine (black) has 2 areas where it's either flaking or fading, it's really tiny though so I can't tell. At the end of the day though it's just a phone, so I'm like whatevs.
I get what your saying but I've paid a lot £ for this and I want it to be in new condition not with a few nicks in the back plate,like buying a new car with a scratch I wouldn't drive it out of the showroom so I want a replacement phone, just gotta wait till the17 oct to get it unless I go for the white ip5. And I've never had a white iPhone going to Apple store to have a look at the white version...

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app