2 days with iPhone 5 anyone else got concerns..

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by Prozium12, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

I've been looking over my ip5 since the 21st and I'm starting to notice flaws in the body of the black ip5,I've got little nicks at the bottom of the slate effect on the back and I can see where the glass inserts have been glued in bits of the glue are visible this is on the black model, I've been on to 3 network and there sending out a new one but it won't be ready till the 17th October..anyone else had similar? May go for a white one going to have a look and hold of a white model tomorrow... Bit gutted about it..

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app

2. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

Guarantee if I have that problem I will return for exchange. Maybe a white one is in my furture. We'll see.

Sorry to hear about the mess Pro!

3. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

Mine still looks good..

Sorry to hear that yours is showing wear already but I agree, I would exchange mine if it was flawed..

4. OzzyMoto

OzzyMoto New Member

At the Apple Store we opened 4 consecutive black 64GB models before I found one without scratches on the back or bevel nicks.

I have the phone in a case now - would like to bareback but this thing would get torn up. I have seen white IP5's with bevel nicks also but the backplate seems less prone to show scratches.

I guarantee that the iPhone 6 will not have this problem (Apple will correct it somehow after all the bad press).

5. John Tierney

John Tierney Heretic
    Bronze

No problems with my black phone. But it will live out its existence in a case.

6. one_crazy_dude

one_crazy_dude Contributor
    Bronze

I got lucky with a flawless i5. But I did order this before the phone was delivered.
    I'm not fond of the front protector part but I love how it covers the rest of the phone. I ordered bumpers off eBay but will arrive on Monday.

#6 one_crazy_dude, Sep 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2013
  7. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

Mine's still flawless.

8. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Mine is flawless too, nothing and believe me I've looked. Now it sits inside the candyshell and its not going anywhere.

9. IllusionEntity

IllusionEntity Evangelist
    Gold

Mine is 99.9% flawless. Apart from VERY tiny discolouration by the antenna bands. Not visible unless you get up close.

10. BigCiX

BigCiX Zealot
    Gold

Most likely Apple will correct this with future i5 phones.

11. jnic429

jnic429 Member
    Bronze

I got the white i5, no flaws with the exterior at all. I went to best buy and had them put a Zagg HD shield on the front and put on a clear Rocketfish soft shell case to show its beauty...I had a feeling the black would have this problem. Go for the white...

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

12. OzzyMoto

OzzyMoto New Member

You're probably right. Will be interesting to see if Apple responds to any of the criticism at all...

13. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

Son has a black iPhone5 I take a look quick
    We saw some tests and decided we need no cases for the most part and took them off
    Just inspected it and besides some kids sticky finger prints it is flawless
    We are not worried as we were with the glass. Scratches (as long they are not up front) will add pizazz

14. ITS ME DAVID

ITS ME DAVID Evangelist
    Gold

Apple doesn't you exchange for a different color your will have to cometely return it and purchase a white model.

15. ipod

ipod Member
    Bronze

Mine (black) has 2 areas where it's either flaking or fading, it's really tiny though so I can't tell. At the end of the day though it's just a phone, so I'm like whatevs.

16. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

I get what your saying but I've paid a lot £ for this and I want it to be in new condition not with a few nicks in the back plate,like buying a new car with a scratch I wouldn't drive it out of the showroom so I want a replacement phone, just gotta wait till the17 oct to get it unless I go for the white ip5. And I've never had a white iPhone going to Apple store to have a look at the white version...

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app

17. phonejunkie30

phonejunkie30 Member
    Bronze

mine has a little tiny fade by the antenna bands but thats it no nicks so i will just have to live with it there is nothing major there

18. RyansTitan05

RyansTitan05 Contributor
    Bronze

Mine is in perfect condition and been in a case from the second I got it!

19. btitus

btitus Contributor
    Silver

Dang, I had not ever looked that close at a cellphone.

Sent from my iPhone5 using iCafe app

20. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I've inspected mine a couple times, but I haven't broken out the tunneling electron microscope yet. /s