2 hrs usage without touching it

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

flavius

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
My wifes iPhone gets a lot of usage just by lying around. Last night I put it on my desk and wrote down usage and standby time. This morning standby had increased by 8 hrs, usage by 2 hrs.

How come? We do have a bad signal in our house. Is that the iPhone trying to get a signal?

Baxt3r

Aug 23, 2007
My brother told me that it drains more battery when its looking for a signal. So thats probably whats happening

flavius

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Well, she's sick of it anyway. There are days where she doesn't touch it at and the battery wouldn't even last a full day.

My guess is, she is going to exchange it and then eBay it. Mine doesn't have those issues at all.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Well, she's sick of it anyway. There are days where she doesn't touch it at and the battery wouldn't even last a full day.

My guess is, she is going to exchange it and then eBay it. Mine doesn't have those issues at all.
in the email setttings is it set to automatically check email every 15 minutes? Alsoto conserve battery under the brightness settings slide the bar down to about 25-30%. Also in the iPod settings when not using the iPod set the equalizer to none. This has helped my battery life substantially

JiggyMatt

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
The correct answer is...

If you do not lock your iPhone and have no auto lock set up, then the phone usage will display however long the screen is lit for even if you don't touch it.

For example, take your phone of the charger after it is completely charged. Do not lock the screen by pressing the lock button at the top left. Instead, leave the phone alone and the screen will be blacklight until you lock it again. The time that it goes without being locked will count as usage.

This is why usage for battery performance is not useful. It doesn't show you how long you used internet, sms, ipod ect. Instead, the usage is basically how long the phone was NOT LOCKED for.

Its weird i know but thats how it works.