2 iPhones, 1 computer .........

24trepid

Silver
Jan 13, 2008
Florida
Is it possible to sync 2 iPhones on 1 computer ?
The wife wants to join the iPhone club. So I'm gonna
give her my 8GB, and order me a 16GB.
Thanks.

Jul 14, 2007
Can I sync my iPhone and my son's iPod touch on one PC

If this is possible, what are the steps I need to follow. When I connect his iPod touch to my iTunes I get a message that it is alread being synced with my iPhone. How do I work around this.

Thanks for your help

lensam

Bronze
Mar 8, 2008
Bridgeport, CT
I think you have to have "manually manage music" checked on all devices, or maybe uncheck all the boxes, so it doesn't sync automatically. I had my 30gb video and my phone on at the same time.

ryfone

Bronze
Jan 17, 2008
Pacific NW
in iTunes, is there a way to only select an album at a time (check boxes), or do you either have to check all, uncheck all, or check/uncheck individually? thanks.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
This is a good question. I'm thinking of chipping in and suprising the wife with one when I finally take the dive for one myself. She doesn't even know she wants it yet, but I know her, she just doesn't understand how baddass this phone really is. She will see the light!

ZipZap

Silver
Dec 15, 2007
I believe each device is named and recognized separately. I have an iPhone and Nano and they share the same iTunes library.

You can, indeed select what play lists are downloaded so you wife can have her own lists.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I sync an iPhone, two Nanos, a Shuffle, a ROKR, and a SLVR on the same computer. They all sync perfectly through iTunes. OF course only the iPHone has to sync contacts and calendar. I think because of that, there may be a difference in how iTunes treats different iPhone devices. How would iTunes distinguish which calendar and contacts to sync to the second iPhone? It's a good question that you could probably find an answer to on the Apple.com support page.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
The only thing I can recommend is making sure they have different names? This should prevent any conflicts when syncing.

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
My wife and i share a computer and each have an iPhone but we use different sign on names on the comp. we have a vista machine so we each have our own iTunes library. As far as syncing ipods and iPhone we both also have a ipod and sync to the same iTunes we sync our phones to.

I don't think you can use the same iTunes for two iPhones though but its definitely not a problem using the same cmputer