2 iPhones + one iPod all on one computer?

Huncowboy

Bronze
Jul 20, 2008
I was wondering how this syncing will work. I have an ipod classic and we are about to get two iPhones on a family plan. (That is whenever they decide to make more of them of course.... duh.)

Can all this be on a single computer? I would like to have all my music an each device. Is that even possible? Do we need two logins for each phone in iTunes?

Thanks!

itsnowornever

Bronze
Jul 20, 2008
Cali Baby!
I had to make a separate log in, but we have two iPhones and two ipods, plus the new shuffle on one computer.

Huncowboy

Bronze
Jul 20, 2008
Cool! Thanks for the help!

So did the separate login create another music library?

kisstine

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Northern California
Cool! Thanks for the help!

So did the separate login create another music library?
Creating a separate login will allow you to have two separate iTunes accounts, but as long as your music is in a shared folder, both users should be able to access it. We have two iPhones, three iPods, and a shuffle divided among three users sharing a computer.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Since you have to NAME each iPhone, shouldn't the same iTunes account recognize more than one iPhone? And shouldn't you able to share the price of a paid app? I can't see paying TWICE for the same paid app in one household.

I already use my iPhone 3G and iPod Nano 2G without a hitch on one iTunes account.