2 iPhones with the same ip address?

eliza22

Jan 6, 2012
So I subscribed to this contest and it is only one per household. I wanted to get one for myself and my boyfriend so I enter using my iPhone and his. When you submit your info it provides you with your ip address and we both belong to rogers and for some reason we both have the same ip address (I was on 3g both times I did it). Why would we both have the same ip address? I am only worried because I now think they won't honor my wins. Thanks!

Target

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 16, 2008
The Great State of WV.
If you both were on WiFi that would make sense. But not on 3G. Each phone would have a unique IP. They could be similar except for the last three digits. To check the IP address, browse to an site that shows your IP like ipchicken.com

Target

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app

eliza22

Jan 6, 2012
it has to be any issue with their website. My boyfriend told me to google whatismyip and they both came up different and completely different that what the contest site says they are. So thanks for your response but I guess it is an issue with the contest.

Proplayer44

Bronze
Sep 13, 2010
To check the IP address, browse to an site that shows your IP like ipchicken.com

No, no no there is a better site. Moanmyip.com. Well it's better from a PC with the sound turned up.