2 Questions please help

Techno_man

Bronze
Oct 27, 2007
1- ppl i have the first iPhone version now i see a new version everytime i synchronize with iTunes 1.1.1 but my iPhone is unlocked! if i do this upgrade first will my files (storage music games appz) be deleted and will the phone still unlocked or it will be locked ?

2- how can i install sources do u know any links i can add them in the installer.app sources ? so i can get more packages install?

please help
thanks for your time

el31415

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
if you upgrade it will brick you iPhone (kind of killing it)

Techno_man

Bronze
Oct 27, 2007
if you upgrade it will brick you iPhone (kind of killing it)
Oh! :eek: thanks for telling

anyone know a link that i can add in my installer sources so i can get a new package to download from ?

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
Oh! :eek: thanks for telling

anyone know a link that i can add in my installer sources so i can get a new package to download from ?
In the installer program there is something called Community Sources. This will add available programs to the installer program. If you have already installed that then I don't know where else to get any.

Also, on your first question you mentioned your phone was unlocked. Are you using it with a provider other than AT&T or did you mean it was unlocked as in allowing you to use software not originally provided on the phone (jailbroken)?

Techno_man

Bronze
Oct 27, 2007
Also, on your first question you mentioned your phone was unlocked. Are you using it with a provider other than AT&T or did you mean it was unlocked as in allowing you to use software not originally provided on the phone (jailbroken)?
No I meant with the unlock that i am not using the AT&T carrier (i am using MTCTouch carrier)

Sorry i'm kinda of new about the iPhone just got it few days ago what's jailbroken?

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
No I meant with the unlock that i am not using the AT&T carrier (i am using MTCTouch carrier)

Sorry i'm kinda of new about the iPhone just got it few days ago what's jailbroken?
Unlocked is using the phone with a carrier other than AT&T.

Jailbroken is using the phone with aftermarket (non-Apple provided) software yet still using AT&T as your carrier. It is less "dangerous" to put into place than unlocking and as far as I know it has not bricked anyones phones where upgrading an unlocked one seems to do every time.

Techno_man

Bronze
Oct 27, 2007
Oh ok thanks for the info i guess i won't be upgrading :)
it's good that i asked or i would be getting my new iPhone into troubles

btw ppl how much does your iPhone cost you, it cost me 750$ 8GB in lebanon ppl are selling it 900$ 8GB (so mine was a good deal) in here and the 4GB at 700$ very expensive..!