2 questions

steeler

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
1. Why doesn't the mute button on the right side of the iPad not mute? The icon pops up but it doesn't mute any sound.

2. Is there a way to mass delete icons in the multitask bar?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Depending on firmware the button on the top right hand side of the iPad is the screen rotation lock. If you are on 4.2 it's been changed to a mute button.

You cannot mass remove apps from the multitasking bar if you are stock. If you are jailbroken you can use RemoveBackground (it's something like that, or even RemoveBG), this will remove all applications from their backgrounded state. You can also get an SBSettings toggle for speed... however, I'm not sure if it's been updated to run on 4.2.

steeler

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
Depending on firmware the button on the top right hand side of the iPad is the screen rotation lock. If you are on 4.2 it's been changed to a mute button.

You cannot mass remove apps from the multitasking bar if you are stock. If you are jailbroken you can use RemoveBackground (it's something like that, or even RemoveBG), this will remove all applications from their backgrounded state. You can also get an SBSettings toggle for speed... however, I'm not sure if it's been updated to run on 4.2.

I am running 4.2 and the mute button doesn't mute. Like I said the mute icon shows up on the screen but no mute function.

steeler

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007

I would imagine that will be on a future upgrade.

downsized

Bronze
May 3, 2009
I upgraded yesterday, and see now that the screen rotation lock switch is now a mute. Since I almost always use my iPad in landscape I always had the rotate function locked. Do you know how I can lock it now?

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
1. Why doesn't the mute button on the right side of the iPad not mute? The icon pops up but it doesn't mute any sound.

2. Is there a way to mass delete icons in the multitask bar?
Reboot the iPad. If that doesn't work, restore and reinstall the 4.2. That's what I'd do.

steeler

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
Reboot the iPad. If that doesn't work, restore and reinstall the 4.2. That's what I'd do.

Mystery solved the mute button only mutes system sounds.....it doesn't mute the ipod.

steeler

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
I upgraded yesterday, and see now that the screen rotation lock switch is now a mute. Since I almost always use my iPad in landscape I always had the rotate function locked. Do you know how I can lock it now?
Double click the home button and scroll all the way to the left.....that's the screen rotation lock.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Double click the home button and scroll all the way to the left.....that's the screen rotation lock.
This is what I said in post number 2. Depending on firmware the button does different things.