2 quick questions

acenase

Oct 6, 2007
1) How do I change just the desktop background to my own photo? Whenever I set as Wallpaper, it sets as my "Screen Saver" when I unlock my phone. I have SummerBoard and when I select "Theme Wallpaper OFF" it sets my Screen Saver as my Desktop, but I want to have 2 different pictures.

2) How do I change the Safari icon? I Looked in iBrickr in Applications but the Safari isn't listed.

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
1) How do I change just the desktop background to my own photo? Whenever I set as Wallpaper, it sets as my "Screen Saver" when I unlock my phone. I have SummerBoard and when I select "Theme Wallpaper OFF" it sets my Screen Saver as my Desktop, but I want to have 2 different pictures.

2) How do I change the Safari icon? I Looked in iBrickr in Applications but the Safari isn't listed.
2) Safari is not listed as safari, i think it's listed as "MobileSafari"

papabro

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
MA
Use MobileFinder and create a new folder for every one of your photos you would like to potentially use as a wallpaper behind your springboard. These folders should be created here: var/root/LibrarySummerBoard/Themes
Now move your photos into it's corresponding folder that you just created. The photos need to have the same name of Wallpaper.png
I use WinSCP to move the photos from my pc to phone. You may have to reboot your phone at this point. You should now see your new folder(s) in SummerBoard. Note that you can also add other files to these folders to further enhance your theme. Take a look at the contents of the stock SummerBoard folders to get other ideas to work on.