2 quick questions. . .

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

bfakhroo

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
1. is there a way to upgrade maps in the "map" app, i think that it just shows the US maps, and if i download the Navizon app does it have maps for several countries or just the US. is there a navigation app that shows the countries of the arabian gulf (bahrain, kuwait, qatar, saudi, UAE)?

2. i had the old app tap installed and then by mistake i updated it from the iPhone itself... and it says that 1.1.1 is recommended so is there a way to downgrade to the old app tap? i have the old app tap file on the computer but i mean shall i just uninstall the one i have on the iPhone and connect the iPhone to the pc and double click the app tap icon on the computer and it should be installed with no harm?

any help would be appreciated
thanks.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
1. is there a way to upgrade maps in the "map" app, i think that it just shows the US maps, and if i download the Navizon app does it have maps for several countries or just the US. is there a navigation app that shows the countries of the arabian gulf (bahrain, kuwait, qatar, saudi, UAE)?

2. i had the old app tap installed and then by mistake i updated it from the iPhone itself... and it says that 1.1.1 is recommended so is there a way to downgrade to the old app tap? i have the old app tap file on the computer but i mean shall i just uninstall the one i have on the iPhone and connect the iPhone to the pc and double click the app tap icon on the computer and it should be installed with no harm?

any help would be appreciated
thanks.
The map program built into the phone is linked to Google Maps and has maps all over the world. If your looking for generalized maps showing towns and such then it will work for the Arabian Gulf region. It does not have all the minor streets included but has the major highways, train tracks and town locations. You just have to scroll over to that region and zoom in.

As far as the App installer. I am on firmware 1.0.2 and have installer version 3.0before installed and although it recommends that you use 1.1.1 because they are using a new repository for the files and some may/are? written specifically for the new firmware version I have not had any problems with it or the software installed from it.

bfakhroo

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
The map program built into the phone is linked to Google Maps and has maps all over the world. If your looking for generalized maps showing towns and such then it will work for the Arabian Gulf region. It does not have all the minor streets included but has the major highways, train tracks and town locations. You just have to scroll over to that region and zoom in.

As far as the App installer. I am on firmware 1.0.2 and have installer version 3.0before installed and although it recommends that you use 1.1.1 because they are using a new repository for the files and some may/are? written specifically for the new firmware version I have not had any problems with it or the software installed from it.
i really appreciate your help.. thanks

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
One other thing with the maps tool, although it may not have the minor streets displayed if you switch to satellite imaging you will at least be able to see them. Not sure that is much help since it wont tell you which streets are which but at least you can see the grid pattern of the streets.