2 really basic questions!

pomozki

Bronze
Feb 28, 2009
Phoenix
I can hear the groans already but on my iPhone 3G
1) is it possible to SMS the phone's pictures to my contacts? even the cheapest cellphones can often do this but I haven't sussed it out yet...
and
2) is it possible to use the phone numbers the iPhone records when you make and receive calls and "add to contacts" without having to write them down each time?

If not, are there free apps out there that do these?
thanks!

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
have you done any research on the iPhone 3g?

Firstly, you cann't SMS pictures, so i will presume you mean MMS them. Well, no. Not unless you are on the 3.0 beta and even then its hit and miss. This feature should be fully supported in the summer.

2) Yes. Tap phone. Tap recents. There you will see your recent calls. Tap the blue circle to the right of the number you want to save, then select whether its a new or existing contact.

Hope that helps

pomozki

Bronze
Feb 28, 2009
Phoenix
1) thanks for your reply
2) I'd already tried the blue circle option- it only allows me to "save to favorites" and "text message"
3) please refrain from pompous smart alec comments - if I'd "done my research" or knew what to do I wouldn't have asked the question, would I !

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
1) 2) I'd already tried the blue circle option- it only allows me to "save to favorites" and "text message"
when selecting recent calls and touching the blue arrow to the right, you should see "call", "text message", "create new contact", and "add to existing contact".

Is this not what you see?

pomozki

Bronze
Feb 28, 2009
Phoenix
you're totally right - that's exactly what I see!
I've probably made a fool of myself but recently I thought I'd been unable to
anyway, thanks heaps for the reply

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
I wasn't making a smart alec comment, i was simply asking if you knew the limitations of the iPhone. The problem you had with not seeing the "create new contact" is that if you tap the blue circle on a number already in your phone book you only see the add to favorites and text.