2 Year Contract Question

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

tmorse

Jul 19, 2007
I'm planning on replacing one of the 9.99 family plan lines on my parents family plan with an iPhone and my question is this: If I do this, I understand that I have to pay the 20 dollar a month data charge, but when I do the contract, does that mean it extends my parents existing family plan with AT&T or does it just bind me to the 20 dollar a month data charge for 2 years? I'm asking because I want to pick up an iPhone, but my parents were considering switching service provides once their contract was up and I don't want to end up extending their service plan by buying an iPhone. If anyone knows the details behind this, I'd appreciate the clarification as to what the terms are on the 2 year contract. Thanks!

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
I'm planning on replacing one of the 9.99 family plan lines on my parents family plan with an iPhone and my question is this: If I do this, I understand that I have to pay the 20 dollar a month data charge, but when I do the contract, does that mean it extends my parents existing family plan with AT&T or does it just bind me to the 20 dollar a month data charge for 2 years? I'm asking because I want to pick up an iPhone, but my parents were considering switching service provides once their contract was up and I don't want to end up extending their service plan by buying an iPhone. If anyone knows the details behind this, I'd appreciate the clarification as to what the terms are on the 2 year contract. Thanks!
An iPhone added to ANY type of account, requires a 2 year contract. So yes you would have to extend the contract. Also if your parents plan on switching to another carrier, why buy an iPhone? The phone without At&t service is basically useless. Are you prepared to pay 600.00 for just a widescreen iPod? Some say the iPod feature won't even work if it is not active on At&t's network. So think about that before you spend your 600.00...M