20+ campers already

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mss55699

Jun 28, 2007
Hey guys, been reading the forums for a long time. Great updates and all...thanks for all the info.

Anyway, I live in western mass in a fairly small area, but I just called At&t and the rep informed me that 20 people are already lined up. Now the question is, do i do a repeat performance of my ps3/wii line wait or just chill till noon tomorrow when i get off work...any thoughts?

mss55699

Jun 28, 2007
Yeah, thats what I was thinking. I also took a ride down there and didn't see a single person actually standing in a line in front of the store. I can't imagine they would let them in either...esp after the way the Best Buy people treated us line waiters back in november.

MBHockey

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
The good thing about the mall i'm going tomorrow is that they won't allow the line to start until 9 or 10 AM. I plan on getting there by 10 AM.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
Once again, gonna swing by on my way home tonight. If there's a line, i'm getting in it. If not, gonna swing back by at Noon tomorrow, if line, get in it. If not, about 4:30pm tomorrow, i'll be there.

If I were you, i'd go get in line. Screw it. It would be fun. :)

soloudinhere

Bronze
Jun 18, 2007
Hey guys, been reading the forums for a long time. Great updates and all...thanks for all the info.

Anyway, I live in western mass in a fairly small area, but I just called At&t and the rep informed me that 20 people are already lined up. Now the question is, do i do a repeat performance of my ps3/wii line wait or just chill till noon tomorrow when i get off work...any thoughts?
Where in Western MA are you? what store are you going to?

thinkart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Mid-MO
yeah i live in central missouri :p and i would think the demand is low. i just got back from the new att store in my town and he said that the next town over (which has a much smaller population) already has a substancial line. he said he thinks the only reason no line at their store is because its a brand new location. no one knows they are there. woohoo! that means no line for me tomorrow. YIPPEEEE!

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net
20 people? in Western MA? I'm in the Apple store in Salem NH right now and there is no one here! The Apple guy said they have only had one phone call about iPhone so far. Oh my.

- SR

djren37

Jun 9, 2007
I'm in line right now with 4 in front of me at att store in San Antonio, Tx, got my ipod, sidekick 3 and dvd player maxim mag and newspaper, only 23.25 hrs to go lol.

kbhark

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
I've never camped out for anything like this before. How does one go to the bathroom without loosing their place in line? What are some other things I can do to prepare for this other then having my ipod, macbook pro, etc...? Any tips would help. Thanks!

Knowsall

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Hmmm ok...Well still no one at my Cali locale ATT. Nada happening till tomorrow...even if there IS a line it will be no more than 20...Plenty of iPhoneS to go around

Knowsall

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
No reason to worry. Police are not letting anyone line up at most ATT spots now anyways. CROWD CONTROL is serious. They are just shooing people away period. Trust Mr. Jobs. Plenty of pricey iPHONES to go round

mss55699

Jun 28, 2007
Hey, to the poster who asked, I'm from Northampton, Ma. I plan on going to the store downtown... I just went down there and there was NO ONE. I can't believe the ATT guy would blatantly lie to me over the phone. What a dick.

Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY

dude, whats your location...so i wont go there...lolz

soloudinhere

Bronze
Jun 18, 2007
Hey, to the poster who asked, I'm from Northampton, Ma. I plan on going to the store downtown... I just went down there and there was NO ONE. I can't believe the ATT guy would blatantly lie to me over the phone. What a dick.
Ah, I'm from Amherst. I wouldn't expect a huge line at that store, the iPhone seems like it wouldn't appeal to the type of person who lives there (lol) and that store is miniscule. Tell the guy he's a dick and buy your iPhone from another rep. Geez...i don't think I've ever seen 20 people in line for anything in northampton, even the best restaurants or pearl street.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
He probably hung up the phone after talking to you and LOL to all his buds in the store.

Anyway, rumor on some other boards is that At&T stores are only getting 30 in the initial shipment. I'm gonna make sure I'm there early tomorrow and I don't plan on leaving.