20+ campers already

mss55699

Jun 28, 2007
Ah, I'm from Amherst. I wouldn't expect a huge line at that store, the iPhone seems like it wouldn't appeal to the type of person who lives there (lol) and that store is miniscule. Tell the guy he's a dick and buy your iPhone from another rep. Geez...i don't think I've ever seen 20 people in line for anything in northampton, even the best restaurants or pearl street.
See, I wouldn't think people in NoHo would wait in line for something either...but then i remembered EVERYONE that hangs around downtown has a macbook. I think an Apple product is the only thing that they would wait for :p

soloudinhere

Bronze
Jun 18, 2007
See, I wouldn't think people in NoHo would wait in line for something either...but then i remembered EVERYONE that hangs around downtown has a macbook. I think an Apple product is the only thing that they would wait for :p
I don't know if they'd wait in LINE for one...all the people you see downtown are college students, or wish they were still in college...but that kind of blatant playing into the hands of big businesss seems to go against the northampton idea of fighting the man;)

Maybe I'll swing through this evening and see what's up. Not buying one (ordering two online to donate to charity) but it'd be interesting to see.

Marksman

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
I saw a big tent and 6 or 7 people at my local AT&T store.

I am starting to think the Apple Store is the way to go. Lines are seemingly the same between Apple and AT&T stores, yet inventory reports for Apple stores are all close to 500 units or more, and we have inventory at AT&T stores going from 5-150.

mss55699

Jun 28, 2007
Update: there were like 10 people in line at 5 AM. I don't get out of work till 12, but I think I'll be alright. Imma call ATT and see if I do go down there and wait if they can let me know I will be getting a phone. If I wait in line till 6 i better damn well get a phone. If im number 26 and they only have 25 but don't tell me early I honestly will be so angry about my wasted time that I will think twice about switching to ATT at all.

Even the people at Best Buy during the PS3 launch had the decency to let people know when they were wasting there time. I can only hope ATT will be as courteous.

Symbolman

Jun 29, 2007
Hawaii
www.takebackthemedia.com
I'm in Maui, and I'm starting to get THE FEAR.. worried that they'll just send 10 for the whole Island, that leaves only FIVE that are 8 Gigs, and some of the rich folks here are liable to PAY people to stand in line..

What if I DON'T get one? Man, that's gonna ruin my whole day. I don't want to wait 30 more days, I need that sucker NOW!

soloudinhere

Bronze
Jun 18, 2007
If you see paris hilton in line, beat her with a coconut for me. I hear she's on vacation in Hawaii after getting sprung from prison.

soloudinhere

Bronze
Jun 18, 2007
Update: there were like 10 people in line at 5 AM. I don't get out of work till 12, but I think I'll be alright. Imma call ATT and see if I do go down there and wait if they can let me know I will be getting a phone. If I wait in line till 6 i better damn well get a phone. If im number 26 and they only have 25 but don't tell me early I honestly will be so angry about my wasted time that I will think twice about switching to ATT at all.

Even the people at Best Buy during the PS3 launch had the decency to let people know when they were wasting there time. I can only hope ATT will be as courteous.
I'll come by and visit! I'll be the chick with the SPRINT phone everyone is glaring at. But really, if you read this, I'll have on a teal and navy striped rugby shirt. Wave at me.