$20 Family Messaging

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by llrickman, Oct 8, 2011.

1. llrickman

llrickman Contributor
    Silver

I have a friend that works at a att call center that told me starting yesterday AT&T will do unlimited family messaging for 20 buck so I called AT&T yesterday told them i wanted to save money on my account and asked what they could do.

1st thing i was told was they would give me a one time credit of $25 to my account , i told her that was great but i wanted something that was monthly reduction and asked her about the $20 Family messaging plan. After being on the phone for 20 min or so i successfuly got my messaging reduced to $20 a month for as long as i am with AT&T

Screen Shot 2011-10-07 at 11.58.10 PM.png

Just thought it might be worth 20 or 30 min of everyones time to save 10 bucks . It don't sound like much but over the course of your contract its $240

2. z28black98

z28black98 Member
    Bronze

we did this as well last night. My wife and I switched to a family plan with 20 dollar unlimited texting upto 5 lines and than 30 dollars unlimited data for each line. with our 20% discount, it should save us about 30 dollars a month. We lost our rollover minute balance, but now with unlimited mobile to mobile on any carrier you call, it should more than even out.

3. iigreatoneii

iigreatoneii Member
    Bronze

Hmm.... This isn't per phone correct? Cause all I'm hearing from AT&T is either $30/month for Unlimited Text Messaging on my family plan or $20/month for Unlimited Text Messaging per phone on my family plan..

After reading this thread, I was thinking it was $20/month Unlimited Text Messaging for all numbers in my family plan... I am not hearing that from AT&T though...

:(

4. ITS ME DAVID

ITS ME DAVID Evangelist
    Gold

^ exactly i know its $20 a month per phone or $30 month for family plan

5. z28black98

z28black98 Member
    Bronze

the guy told us it was 20 dollars for unlimited family texting for upto 5 people on a family plan. Maybe he meant 30, but he verbally told us 20.

6. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

OK I was downgrading on my family plan now I have to look again
    How did you get the unlimited data so?

7. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

8. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot
    Gold

I got the $29.99 deal on my family plan when it's unlimited texts & free mobile to mobile calls so I was able to go with a cheaper plan since most calls are mobile to mobile.

9. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

that is what I have $30 for unlimited text everyone in the familiy and free calls to any mobil phone (any carrier)