20 Questions for themanofthedark

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Q1 - It seems cool having 'TheMan' be your first name, but does anyone ever take the piss about 'OfTheDark' as a last name?

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
1) No, not really.. people usually fear to question someone with both "TheMan" and "Dark" in their name..

thanks, patrick, for making this thread..

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
4. Here's the mandatory question - tell us your most embarrassing moment, sir. ;)

5. What brought your family to the USA?

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
Do you like Britain ( I think that's where you're from ) better than the US?

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
7. What is your favorite food that is not dessert. (I already know about the ice cream, and I like Mint chocolate chip).

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
4. Here's the mandatory question - tell us your most embarrassing moment, sir. ;)

4.) Wow.

Ok. there are so many...

But ok, I guess I can choose one of the more recent ones.

Ok, so we decided to go skiing, just out of the blue, really, and we went to mount sunapee.. not a bad place, actually..
a little background info. prior to this, I hadn't skied for 2 years.
but here is what happened.
I was going down a reasonably easy slope with some friends, when I was talking too much and I started accelerating, quickly. and I started going extremely fast, and attempted to brake with my skis. Failed to do that, stumbled, and begun to brake with other parts of my body, namely my face.. not really painful, just irritating, really. there's more. my left ski flies off, smacks me in the back of the head, and finally i got launched off the slope into the trees and such. again, I landed in deep snow, so it wasn't painful. when my friends stopped and asked if I was fine I crossed my legs and said "yeah I'm fine but I'm NOT getting up!" eventually I did, though.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston

5) We moved to Lexington, KY from Moscow, Russia because my dad found a better job, on 12 December 1999, lived there for 6 years, then my dad found a "better" job in Milwaukee, WI (by "better" I mean it was proportional to his old job), and moved there for a year. I despised Whitefish Bay (that is, the suburb I lived in) because people were mad snobby there. I was extremely glad when we decided to move to Newton, MA, (a suburb of Boston) and I fell in love with Boston, because it was the exact city I imagined when I thought big US city. but now I want to live in one place, and one place only - go back to Moscow.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
Do you like Britain ( I think that's where you're from ) better than the US?
I actually hail from Armenia, but lived in Russia, so I call myself Russian.

and it is very difficult to decide, as there are positives and negatives for each.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
the cold, the streets, the tall buildings, the people, the stores, the weather, the cars, my remaining family (by that I mean the family that stayed)

S

Starry

If you knew you could not fail... What would you attempt?